User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slides failing on 2017 2950RL

Drove from Nashville to Memphis on Friday in pouring and blowing rain that was left over from Tropical Storm Cindy. When we got to the campground in Mississippi, the kitchen slide would start going out and stop. the right side motor would shut off followed by the left side motor. I was able to get the slide out by resetting the direction of the slide motors (pushing & releasing the in-button quickly) and then starting the extract slide process again. The motors would start again for about 1 inch and again stop. Repeating this process (quickly pushing and releasing the in-button...pushing and holding the out button) allowed me to get the slide out.

I tried holding the button for 10 seconds to resync the controller but that did not work.

On Saturday(day 2) I found the controllers and error code 8 was displayed for motor 2. This error code appears to a short between the controller and the motor. I assume the controller is shutting down both motors because it can not monitor them. Doing research, someone on facebook reported a similar error after they drove in the rain and said a day of sun fixed the problem. When I tried the slide the second day, it appeared to work.

On Sunday when I was packing up to leave, the kitchen slide worked fine, but the dinette slide started doing the exact same problem. Run for an inch, one motor quits, then the second quit. I used my same hack to inch the slide in, and drove home.

I assume i need to "bypass the controller" for this problem. Can anyone comment on this? I am driving to Asheville this weekend for a large family reunion and dont have the luxury to take this to the dealer(who is slammed for the week too).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue in a '15. Unit is at the second dealer and they don't know how to fix it. GD is helping them. I'm thinking of replacing the motor myself.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk