User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, we are thinking of getting the 4 step but didn't know if it would be too many for the 2015 303RLS, we also have a elderly Lab that doesn't like steps any more!!
    Craig & Maggie
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #0690
    1998.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel Dually
    1999 HD Ultra Clasic

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pack Rat View Post
    Thanks for the reply, we are thinking of getting the 4 step but didn't know if it would be too many for the 2015 303RLS, we also have a elderly Lab that doesn't like steps any more!!
    If your Lab is struggling the 4 step may help, but you may end up having to get a ramp. Then you get to train to go on the ramp. Thats what we had for our old girl who we put down last summer and I can't recall if we got the steps before then or not. Either way she couldn't navigate steps well at all.

SolvIt makes a nice selection of ramps if you go that way, you get less step of course.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If your Lab is struggling the 4 step may help, but you may end up having to get a ramp. Then you get to train to go on the ramp. Thats what we had for our old girl who we put down last summer and I can't recall if we got the steps before then or not. Either way she couldn't navigate steps well at all.

SolvIt makes a nice selection of ramps if you go that way, you get less step of course.
    Thanks, a ramp may be what we have to get for him but, the 4 steps should help me and my bride to get in and out of the camper as we are no exactly young either!
    Craig & Maggie
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    2015 Reflection 303RLS #0690
    1998.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel Dually
    1999 HD Ultra Clasic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what everyone said about the Torklift steps. We have the 4 step version. It's a a lot closer to a traditional stair than the original steps that came with our rig. And I think it's more flexible to use than the SolidStep

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Tony & Judy DaVanzo
    Riverside, CA
    2015 Solitude 320x #3626 Plant #1 Line #1
    2016 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Cummins Diesel / Aisin Transmission

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the morryde steps and som more mods done this week. Wife's knees are shot.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Solid Steps and love them; totally stable. I haven't had any issues on un-level ground. That said, I do have one issue that may be a consideration for some. I use the carpet stair covers; just like the way they reduce the amount of dirt/debris that gets dragged in. If they get wet when it is time to break camp, they water they hold drips inside your camper when you fold the stairs up. Not so much water that putting towels under them addressed the problem, but it is an annoyance worth mentioning.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was wondering about that. I keep the carpet strips on the other steps mainly to help our boxer have a better grip. I figured I'd get them anyway and should it be raining I'll just undo the springs and take them off when we break camp. One more thing to get me wet!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem with those steps is that if you want to load something into your trailer you have to walk up the steps to do that we like the steps that fold out-of-the-way so that if we are loading groceries we can back up to the doorway unload the groceries onto the floor and the other person can load refrigerator with these steps you can't do that .

Bryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2X on the Torklift 4 step and I had my dealer put them on before we accepted the trailer. We have a Reflection 303, 2016, cant say enough good things about the steps or the Trailer glad I went and purchased Grand design.
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a Solitude 310 with the Solid Steps and they are very easy to get in and out. Will admit that my wife at 5'4" has to stretch to turn lever when bring down the steps but has not had any problem getting them down or up. Very sturdy and makes walking up and down a lot safer. But, with that said if I were adding an aftermarket I would use the Glow Steps. The Solid Steps will bring all the dirt and water from rain into your trailer if you don't clean them first. Best to have an old towel or something on the floor when bringing them up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast