Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the procedure for the Schwintek slide. It is powered by two motors as opposed to the larger through frame slides that are powered by a single motor. The Schwintek motor controller counts the revolutions of each motor to keep them synchronized. Holding the button down for a few seconds after the slide has completed its in or out travel assures both motors have stopped and establishes a set point for the next trip. You must run the slide all the way out or in, no stops in between, to keep synchronization. I had to resynch mine once when I noticed the slide moving in a jerky fashion. I stopped, ran the slide in about 6 inches then back 6 inches a few times and all was good. I always hold the button down for 3 seconds or so after the motors stop and all is well. No motor damage.

If you hold the button down on the larger gear driven units you will hear a ratcheting sound and could eventually damage the mechanism.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    ?What?
    Is this really what we're supposed to do?
    Wouldn't this burn up the slide motors or strip gears?
    This is standard operating procedures for the schwintec slidouts (not the hydraulic slideouts), regardless of the mfg. Apparently somebody reads their owners manual.....I just learned about it in the RV Maint. Tech. training.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    This is standard operating procedures for the schwintec slidouts (not the hydraulic slideouts), regardless of the mfg. Apparently somebody reads their owners manual.....I just learned about it in the RV Maint. Tech. training.
    Does the 220RK have the Schwintecs?

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McClains RV right there in Ft. Worth has every model of Grand Design.....you can go see for yourself. I don't know what a 220RK is but a schwintek slideout is very easy to recognize. It will have a metal track at the top and bottom on each side of the slide out. Hydraulic slideouts the arm is under the slideout.

I just spent two days there at McClains getting my living room windows replaced. They allowed us to walk around the lot and to go through the units without bothering us, once I told them mine was in back getting worked on.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the slide on the 220RK is a Schwintek. If you go here http://www.trailerhitchrv.com/produc...220rk-770050-5
    and look through the gallery you will see a photo of the extended slide on a 220RK showing the upper and lower tracks on the slide.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    This is the procedure for the Schwintek slide. It is powered by two motors as opposed to the larger through frame slides that are powered by a single motor. The Schwintek motor controller counts the revolutions of each motor to keep them synchronized. Holding the button down for a few seconds after the slide has completed its in or out travel assures both motors have stopped and establishes a set point for the next trip. You must run the slide all the way out or in, no stops in between, to keep synchronization. I had to resynch mine once when I noticed the slide moving in a jerky fashion. I stopped, ran the slide in about 6 inches then back 6 inches a few times and all was good. I always hold the button down for 3 seconds or so after the motors stop and all is well. No motor damage.

If you hold the button down on the larger gear driven units you will hear a ratcheting sound and could eventually damage the mechanism.
    So, for the Schwintek slides, hold the button down 3-5 seconds after fully deploying or retracting. And the Lippert one will make a ratcheting sound if you don't stop deploying or retracting quick enough? And you'll damage it?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct regarding the Schwintek.
    Holding the button down and listening to the ratcheting clutch mechanism run for an additional 5 seconds every time you use would be needless and certainly would add to wear and tear over time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, it's in the manual and also recommended by schwintec. And I haven't heard any ratcheting so I'm not sure what that's about.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ratcheting sound is from the through frame slide not the Scwhintek.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast