Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZ, you most likely have hydraulic slides in your Momentum. The slides I'm speaking of are mechanically powered by an electric motor and gears. As long as the button is held down the motor runs.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZ, That's because some of our trailers actually have both types of slides. On the #303, the Schwintek controls the bedroom closet slide and is a "small" slide. The main trailer slides, which are the big kitchen and dining slides, are the LCI gear driven ones. The Schwintek has a somewhat buzzing / humming sound, and you have to hold them a few seconds at the end. The LCI slides, you stop as soon as you hear the "ratcheting" sound, and it is quite loud.

Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Guys, it's in the manual and also recommended by schwintec. And I haven't heard any ratcheting so I'm not sure what that's about.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. My post above was in reply to Chiefblueman. I have the Momentum 376TH and we have both types. I've never heard the ratcheting on my three schwintecs that Chiefblueman mentions. I have heard it on our large double slides however, you're not supposed to hold the button on those. As soon as those stop you let off the button. Only the schwintec slides are the slides that you hold the button on, 3 to 5 seconds.

I think we're all on the same page. Chiefblueman's post threw me off. But thanks a bunch for your input. Oh and have I told you lately......I sure miss riding that Hwy 49 corridor on my motorcycle. And Murphys around St. Patricks Day.....
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy that (Hwy 49) !!

I have been following your travels around the country in that beautiful rig (and the disk brake conversion). All I could afford is this lowly Reflection #303 model

Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Right. My post above was in reply to Chiefblueman. I have the Momentum 376TH and we have both types. I've never heard the ratcheting on my three schwintecs that Chiefblueman mentions. I have heard it on our large double slides however, you're not supposed to hold the button on those. As soon as those stop you let off the button. Only the schwintec slides are the slides that you hold the button on, 3 to 5 seconds.

I think we're all on the same page. Chiefblueman's post threw me off. But thanks a bunch for your input. Oh and have I told you lately......I sure miss riding that Hwy 40 corridor on my motorcycle. And Murphys around St. Patricks Day.....
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no lowly model if you are out there enjoying it.

H3LL, I use to enjoy the tent, when I was much younger.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    There is no lowly model if you are out there enjoying it.

H3LL, I use to enjoy the tent, when I was much younger.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic since a "lowly" 303 runs about $50k new.
    If that's lowly, our brand new still being built $35,000 220RK is ghetto.
    lol
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if there was confusion. I reread my posts and nowhere did I state the Schwintek makes a ratcheting sound. I have 3 slides, 1 being Schwintek and 2 being the gear driven units. If you don't hear a ratcheting sound when running your non Schwintek slide all the way in or out you either have hydraulically operated slides or you're not running them all the way in or out.

I know my communication skills may not be the best but they're not that bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vonzoog: Absolutely, love the outdoors!!

Extremely off topic, sorry, brought back many memories so I had to go looking for pics!

Tongue in cheek comment since JCZ has the fancy new M model and truck. We also camped from kids age to now, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, hunting and fishing trips. I had at one time, 3 tent types for various situations and yes, snow camping in a snow cave. I find it extremely hard to get up off the ground now.

You all are cracking me up, ghetto!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1625.jpg   IMG_4578.jpg   $RJXNNHL.jpg  
    Last edited by Gold Country Livin'; 11-18-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: responding to
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about miscommunication and typing issues......I said "Hwy 40 corridor" but I meant Hwy 49 (Downieville all the way down to Oakhurst).....it's the playground that I grew up in. Almost drowned at Electra beach (at the end of Electra Rd. back in 1955. Now there's a road that hasn't changed in all the years.....they just keep putting new patches over the old patches. LOL
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, JCZ, just sit down and take a break, take it easy. I move to officially close this thread before Tuscon Jim shuts us down for providing no real informational value to the majority of our viewing audience, although it was fun. You know he is watching......always This was a slide question at one time and we handled that well.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123