Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Slide Question

Hi, this is our first RV with a slide out, so I am not 100% sure what is normal when it comes to slide out operation.

When I am on the inside and run the slide out on my 2150RB, I see the fascia trim flex quite a bit when it makes contact with the inside seal. The slide stops moving out and I hold the button in the out position for 3 to 5 more second like the instructions say too. I am worried about busting off the fascia but I am also wondering if it is designed to move like this when making firm contact. Does this seem normal? Thanks for your feedback.
    Last edited by TripleG; 07-03-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about the trim inside or outside or what specifically? We just got ours and while I do notice weird noises when moving the slide I did not notice anything flexing on the inside at least. I also did not look at it in detail so.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dreaming30fps, I am talking about the trim inside. When the slide hits the full open position, you can hear the motor loading up, that is when i see the trim flex. Next time you operate yours can you let me know if you see this happening. It might be normal, not much experience with slide outs. Thanks, hope you are enjoying your new rig!��

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    Hi Dreaming30fps, I am talking about the trim inside. When the slide hits the full open position, you can hear the motor loading up, that is when i see the trim flex. Next time you operate yours can you let me know if you see this happening. It might be normal, not much experience with slide outs. Thanks, hope you are enjoying your new rig!��
    We went to do some stuff to it this weekend, unfortunately where its stored I don't have space to open the slide completely. We did open it about half way (had to get to bedroom) and didn't notice any flexing, however I guess I wont be able to fully open it until we take it on a trip.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks, let me know down the road when you get it out.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're talking about the trim or moulding that runs from the floor to the top of the slide out and it's about 5" wide? I've noticed it.....mine flexes a bit.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, flexes quite a bit. I guess will see how it holds up. Thanks JCZhome. Boy do you you have a sweet set up!!! Nice.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inside trim flexes and creeks on our 2950RL when the slide stops and is fully extended.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve@147, I guess that it is normal. Appreciate your feedback.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleG View Post
    ...The slide stops moving out and I hold the button in the out position for 3 to 5 more second like the instructions say...
    ?What?
    Is this really what we're supposed to do?
    Wouldn't this burn up the slide motors or strip gears?
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast