Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post TripleG. We went by the dealership yesterday, they were packed so I didn't want to ask them to operate the slide as every rep was occupied. Did you solve the issue or have your question answered about the slide?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, couple of others said theirs do the same. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow my 2600RB with a 2016 Tundra and just returned form our first trip. Went to the Calif. coast and encountered a road that had a 16% descend for about two miles. I downshifted into 2 gear but could not keep the trailer from pushing me down the mountain. Went into first gear and used the brake controller to help keep the trailer from pushing me. Brakes overheated but I managed to get to the bottom of the mountain. Moral of story......There's more to pulling the trailer. You have to be able to stop. Looking into upgrading brakes.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There's more to pulling the trailer. You have to be able to stop."

I have read that more times than I can count. Stopping safely is my principal concern as I don't want to injure anyone on board or anyone in front of us. Glad you made it down in one piece. There is only 300lbs difference in the GVWR of the 2150 and 2600 so I don't even know if it's a comfortable option at this point. We may wait and upgrade our tow vehicle before we buy a TT in order to give ourselves more options in the future.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it the truck is 2WD? The 3.31 axle will hurt you a bit but even towing a 2600 you should be OK. And owners say the 5.0 like to wind up the revs when towing.
    My guess is you have a 26-gallon fuel tank? Figure 9-10MPG when you're towing.
    I have a steel-body F150, the newer aluminum ones have better payload. With my wife and I I'm max'd out on the rear axle with our 2650.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we have the 2015 F150 V8 5.0 FX4 gasser with tow package, 1,984 payload capacity includes 37 gallon gas tank, tow haul mode makes the truck use the transmission to aid in braking so you don't have to burn up brakes. It's done a good job for us. We're in PA and have gone thru some mountains. Going to the Poccanos in September and I'm sure we should be fine with the 2600rb. The 2950rl was to much weight for the F150 in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    We like both of these trailers but love the theater seating in the 2600RB. Only question is will our truck tow the 2600RB. 2016 F150, towing package, 5.0 V8, 3.31 rear end, 7,000lb GVWR, 1784lb payload capacity, 145" wheelbase, truck weighs 5540(5040lb steer axle, 500lb drive axle on cat scales) with my husband in it. Just the two of us and the granddaughter as long as she will have us. Thanks in advance for any opinions. We are long time campers but first time RV buyers.
    We recently purchased a 2600RB and we're loving it. We did consider the 2150RB, but that extra 3 feet of space makes a big difference. The GVWR for the 2600RB is only 300 lbs more than the 2150RB. My TV is a 2017 f150 (see my signature for details) and it tows great. You'll have no trouble towing either one.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Mark. Your truck, although it is the same model, has about 3,000 lbs more towing capacity and gross combined weight capacity than ours. Great configuration and choice for a 1/2 ton TV. Ours is a 4WD supercrew which adds more weight plus we have the 3.31 rear end. Those features decrease payload capacity and/or towing capacity. If we were to buy again we would buy one with the ecoboost and 3.73 rear end. We are renting an RV with near identical specs as the 2600RB at the end of September to see how it tows through some significant mountains by east coast standards. Grades along our route will be in the teens and that would be about as much as we would ever see. If all goes well then we are set to give this a go. Thanks to all for your input. This is a great forum.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scarlet, sounds like a good plan. May I suggest you hit a certified scale on your adventure. That $10 for a snapshot will give you allot of information. In my experience GVWR is what always gets you. Many people will tell you their truck tows a model of trailer fine. Yet they don't offer their loaded weight. Maybe they don't know or don't want to know. But anyone who is serious about their family safety, will get their rig weighed. Legal is legal and over is over. They are always going to go by the sticker in your door and on your rig. Adding enhancements such as air lift or helper springs may help in real world performance but not in a court of law. Have a great trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are new to this RVing and going down Tuesday and put the deposit on the 2600RB and order it with the furniture that we want , then after we get back from our cruise I'll get the truck and wait on our coach . We have been pulling our tent camper with our 2005 GoldWing Trike and have been in 30 States from East to West and from North to South Coast !!!!! can't wait to start this adventure 👍👍👍👍

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast