Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado travel question

Okay, I solicited advice a few months ago about upcoming travel and I just want an update from those of you familiar with Colorado Springs. The time has now come and we are getting ready to travel from Kansas to Mueller state park near Divide which mandates going through Colorado Springs. I'm looking for an update on the enormous road construction project at the I-25/Cimarron Hwy 24 interchange. Has there been any significant progress? Any advice for our group which involves 4 separate families and their RV's? I looked on the CDOT site but didn't get a good feel for what to expect. Thanks in advance.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were out there a month ago. They had lanes shifted over and merged but I didn't think it was horrible. Colorado Springs traffic is bad anyway. Avoid rush hours. If you need a campground near Colorado Springs, try Mountaindale RV Resort south of that intersection 20 minutes. Beautiful campground outside the city.

While you're there check out Eleven Mile Canyon. I'd never heard of it until a friend from Colorado Springs turned me onto it.
    Phil & Clisty Porter
    Indianola, IA
    2015 Silverado 2500HD
    2017 Imagine 2950RL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. We do like Mountaindale but it's way too late to get reservations. Plus we love Mueller and that area. Slow and easy will get us through the Springs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Colorado Springs and most of the work on the 24/I-25 interchange is complete. I would not hesitate to use the new intersection. I am currently camping near Frisco and will us the intersection when we return on Saturday. The mountains are great this time of year although we are starting to get the afternoon thunderstorm. We have had a great time in our 303 in spite of a few rain showers. Take highway 24 without any worries and have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jchild- Colorado Springs, CO
    - 2018 303RLS
    - 2015 GMC 2500HD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just returned from a delightful two weeks at Mueller State Park. I'm ready to go back right now. Thanks for the travel advice. We found the interchange to be a breeze to navigate. Especially as we took the southern route on highway 50 to Pueblo then north on I-25 into Springs. Traveling through Colo Springs is still cumbersome on 24 east of that interchange with all the stoplights.

And Phil & Clisty Porter, we LOVE Eleven Mile Canyon too. Gorgeous place to picnic and fish and just relax. We go there at least once during our stays at Mueller, which is an annual trip.
    2015 Reflection 337

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a safe trip. We are leaving on the 25 for a week at Taylor Park. Will overnight at our daughters in Parker so will take Hwy 86 from I-70 over to Parker. Undecided at this point if we drop down to the Springs and then over 24 or just continue West on 285 to Buena Vista. Hate that Cottonwood Pass is closed for paving on the West side. Would rather it stay gravel.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a wonderful trip whichever route you choose.
    2015 Reflection 337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsp8 View Post
    Glad you had a safe trip. We are leaving on the 25 for a week at Taylor Park. Will overnight at our daughters in Parker so will take Hwy 86 from I-70 over to Parker. Undecided at this point if we drop down to the Springs and then over 24 or just continue West on 285 to Buena Vista. Hate that Cottonwood Pass is closed for paving on the West side. Would rather it stay gravel.
    With you in Cottonwood Pass closure. The paving will certainly make my favorite river busier than ever.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will leave San Diego and begin fulltiming when I retire (in about 45 days but who's counting?) and we'll be headed straight to Divide, Colo. where my brother has a few acres. You guys have given us some places to check out while we're there.

Pulling a 376TH (spell that very heavy!) any suggestions for the best route pulling the Momentum? I've been over all the passes in Colorado on motorcycle but we just don't pay much attention to grades when on a bike.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    We will leave San Diego and begin fulltiming when I retire (in about 45 days but who's counting?) and we'll be headed straight to Divide, Colo. where my brother has a few acres. You guys have given us some places to check out while we're there.

Pulling a 376TH (spell that very heavy!) any suggestions for the best route pulling the Momentum? I've been over all the passes in Colorado on motorcycle but we just don't pay much attention to grades when on a bike.
    Over the years I've towed something over many of the mountain passes. Maybe it's a testament to my own stupidity that I've never found (a paved) one to be more worrisome than another. This site might help you make some choices though: https://www.codot.gov/travel/maximum...in-passes.html
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast