Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group, I'm sorry to hear your troubles. I'm also a full-timer and purchased my unit in Texas and had some similar service issues.

After taking into account that RV Dealerships make the majority of their profits from the sale of new units and that their technicians are generally working on so many makes and models that they are master of none... I gave my original dealer one chance to prove me wrong... based on poor results I then made an appointment with the factory service center and added them to my travels.
    It was a very easy process, GREAT service & support, minimal impact and they took care of everything that I had on my list of issues and concerns. They even did their own walk-through to create a "punch list" and corrected them as well. I could not have asked for more and could not have been happier with the results.
    After reading this it sounds too nice so I'll try to balance it out a bit... it was humid and uncomfortable part of my visit in northern Indiana.
    Clint
    2016 348M on MORryde IS & RPB rolling on G614's w/ TST-507's (Love the Garage)
    960W Solar, through dual SC-2030's into a 450AH T105-RE battery bank feeding an MS-2012 and monitored with a TM-2030 and a ME-RC50
    2016 F-350 6.7L/4WD/SC/SB with 5000# airbags, Truxedo cover over B&W Companion Hitch and an RDS combo tank-box

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont feel alone...I bought a new 337RLS from a Pasco,Washington dealer and have had nothing but run around and excuses when trying to get warranty work...the roof membrane was never glued on proper at the factory...that is the biggest problem,and they will do nothing...so I gave up on that sorry dealer. At this point I wish I had my old NuWa Hitchhiker back..it was twice the trailer this POS is.GD really needs to get their quality control in order...maybe since Winnebago took over things will change...or get worse. Good luck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    Dont feel alone...I bought a new 337RLS from a Pasco,Washington dealer and have had nothing but run around and excuses when trying to get warranty work...the roof membrane was never glued on proper at the factory...that is the biggest problem,and they will do nothing...so I gave up on that sorry dealer. At this point I wish I had my old NuWa Hitchhiker back..it was twice the trailer this POS is.GD really needs to get their quality control in order...maybe since Winnebago took over things will change...or get worse. Good luck.
    I'm just curious if you have tired to take it to the factory so they can fix this and any other problems you have. They don't build them like they did in the old days, that is for sure. That NuWa was built great back in the days. I really like my last 5th wheel but the wife and I like the floor plan we have now. I can only hope we don't have to many issue but time will tell.
    David
    2018 Solitude 377MBS-R
    2014 Crew cab Ram Longhorn 3500
    Aisin transmission
    Firestone Air bags
    TST tire monitor system
    Atta Auxiliary fuel tank/toolbox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTX View Post
    I'm just curious if you have tired to take it to the factory so they can fix this and any other problems you have. They don't build them like they did in the old days, that is for sure. That NuWa was built great back in the days. I really like my last 5th wheel but the wife and I like the floor plan we have now. I can only hope we don't have to many issue but time will tell.
    Agree. I traded my 12 year old Newmar 5er for this unit. We've been looking for years before selecting this unit.

Anyway, Haven't updated in a week or two. I finally got a hold of a dealer in Buda, TX who is perfectly willing to work on my unit. I am taking it there week of 8/7. I did talk to Customer Service and they told me that they needed someone to provide them with data so they can determine if it is warranty, then they would schedule an appointment.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we were lucky but when we were FT for 8 years we simply stayed on site over night at the dealer and were out when they came to work on it all day. Never had a problem in all our travels.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why buy any product from a manufacturer whose poor quality control is the major problem. I am so sorry I gave up my Hitchhiker for a GD product...never again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTX View Post
    Yes. The factory said a local dealer needed to validate the issues and then forward their findings to them. Once GD agrees to warranty the work, I can then schedule an appointment at the factory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    Why buy any product from a manufacturer whose poor quality control is the major problem. I am so sorry I gave up my Hitchhiker for a GD product...never again.
    I was sorry to see my Newmar go as well. But the days of well built coaches that were built 10+ years ago (in my case 12 years) are over. Even people buying $ 175K+ coaches are experiencing issues. This is true is almost every industry. Computers, printers, cars, heck even motorcycles (the list goes on) are in no way built as well as they were 10 years ago. But life moves on and we deal with what we are dealt.

I finally got my coach into a dealer this week, the issues were taken care of and life is good again. However, before my 12 months anniversary I will be purchasing am extended service plan. An ESP saved me over $4K in repairs on my Newmar coach as well as over $5K on my truck. The first few years I had no issues. Our issues were in the last 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N6ZCM1 View Post
    It does not matter what RV manufacture you purchase, this is a common problem for a full timer!

Even if you take it to the factory you will not be able to sleep in it while it is in their repair facility. Granted they have the parts, but they still have to put in to the repair queue, diagnose, gather parts, repair it, test it!! then have you inspect it.
    It might shave a couple days off of it. You have to weigh your options, driving to the factory location, driving it back to where you purchase it or picking a local GD repair facility.
    The problem going to a GD dealer other than where you bought it, they take care of their customers that bought from them first... same is true if you took it back to the place where you bought yours, they would take care of you before they would take care of a customer who bought somewhere else.
    Call GD don't email.... sometimes they will authorize a mobile repair to come to you, unless it is structural issue, tho you would have to pay for the repairs and GD reimburses you, BUT get a authorization first before doing this, or you will be stuck with the bill!!!

7 to 10 days is very good... I have read horror stories of taking the RV in and being weeks to months before it was repaired!!
    Taking it to the factory statement is kinda incorrect. I toured the factory in Ohio last month. They were almost finished with 7 to 10 full hookup spots for your camper. If you need to leave it over night you can stay in their gated area with full hookups until the work is completed.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    During a Q&A session at the Elkhart rally, GDRV management stated that they know dealer service centers sometimes fall flat. They mentioned that they will frequently approve mobile RV techicians when a customer can't get decent service from a dealer. They also said they were considering regional service centers if dealers can not improve.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast