User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regional service centers would be great! We full-time, and I have found that I can take care of or fix just about anything except for major structural-type stuff. I've been able to get factory service manuals for a lot of systems in .PDF format. I have a complete directory with everything backed up in multiple places. As long as I have a factory manual and a parts list, I can take care of a lot. GD has been GREAT about sending replacement parts. They even sent me a complete replacement cargo door when it leaked.

For major structural stuff, it does suck being at the mercy of a dealer when you full-time. We had a leak in the bedroom slide, and it required several nights in a hotel while the dealer fixed it. I had coordinated the repair with GD and the dealer and assumed that on the date they had is scheduled for that they would be ready to go. The dealer (General RV in Draper, UT) lied about having ordered the parts.

I had scheduled time off of work to get it taken care of, and when we showed up the dealer said the parts weren't there, and that we'd have to reschedule. I had a chat with the service manager to let him know what happened. He found an available tech to look at it, and GD stepped up in a big way and overnighted the required items to them. Fortunately, that was the only time we had anything like that happen.

General RV also claimed to have ordered the parts for the ladder recall several months ago, and would call me when they arrived. Never heard back. You can't rely on a dealer, so regional service centers would be a major plus.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also full-time and I agree....Regional service centers would be awesome. We've also been able to fix most things, but avoid dealers like the plague. I also had a negative warranty experience with General RV in Jacksonville, FL. I've had better luck using mobile RV techs for the few things I couldn't repair. The few times I've tried to use a dealer, they're usually 2-3 weeks out before they can even look at anything.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to TucsonJim's post Don mentioned that Jerry McCarthy was also working on factory mobile repair teams that would come directly to you. I need some slide seal work and JD said he was scheduling repair work at the factory service center in Middlebury for January right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    To add to TucsonJim's post Don mentioned that Jerry McCarthy was also working on factory mobile repair teams that would come directly to you. I need some slide seal work and JD said he was scheduling repair work at the factory service center in Middlebury for January right now.
    don't forget your longjohn's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to add my 2 or 3 cents worth; Last September, we had some issues, (you may have seen my earlier post). Anyhow, we do not full time, but for what it is worth; JD at Grand Design committed to resolving the issue with our 303. In the long run, we ended up driving to Indiana and leaving the trailer with them for 4 days. We spent our time in a cabin which worked out well as we pulled up unloaded our stuff and took an empty trailer to them. All repairs were done at the factory service center and completed correctly. We have been super pleased with the outcome of the whole process. cost was minimal at the time as we were reimbursed for most of the cost for travel and lodging. That was our deal and as i am not sure of how things are handled there now, (following the merge with Winnebago) but i am sure the team at GD will get your unit fixed and fixed right. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123