User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There aren't really any perfect choices in terms of RV fridge/freezer units. The Norcold seem to have fewer internal issues, and this very common structural issue. The others seem to have more internal issues but fewer structural issues. Given a choice, I'd rather have an easier (and cheaper) to fix structural issue than a harder (and more expensive) internal issue.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryZechman View Post
    Package of 3 5/16 inch nylon washers, $0.68, don't forget your checkbook.

I started with 2 washers to see how well it would work.

Lower doors are aligned. Flap closes without interference with the floor of the fridge. Success!!

Now that you know what to purchase before you start disassembling your fridge, this is a 15 minute project.
    Really want to thank you for this brilliant fix. My flapper is flapping!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added washers to my left side door today. Took longer to find the washers in my shop than to perform the adjustment. Now the flapper rubs on the top of the enclosure and still hits the bottom on the inside of the fridge floor. The inside floor of the fridge is sloped, so when the flapper is all the way to the inside, it still rubs. I applied a little lemon pledge to make it slick and it is better, but a little work with a sander to slope the flap to the same angle as the fridge floor, should solve the problem.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12