User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're pulling a 44' Momentum with a 2017 F350 Diesel SRW. Just returned from a 5000mile trip without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not worth risking anybody's life , it's Not a matter of whether you had no issue it's a matter of are you exceeding the payload of your truck and if you are you risk getting pulled over by any DOT or police and once they see you're over your payload you're going to have issues !!!!

Bryan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    What would worry me is pulling 5er with dry pin weight of over 2600 pounds and F250 Diesel with payload of around 2000 pounds and some hot lawyer figuring that out if I ever got into a accident that ended up in court. I know everyone carries around 250,000 of insurance but most insurance only cover 20,000 per dollars person and that could be used up in ER.
    You're spot on with the ER thing. Our son wrecked his bicycle while we were camping at Fort Wilderness last summer and had a pretty serious injury. They took him to a level 2 trauma center where he was for about 1 hour before the transferred him to the children's hospital downtown and the bill was almost $30K - $24K just for being brought in as trauma patient. He is fine now and to make it perfectly clear Disney was great and it was no type of negligence on their part just my son being a wreckless 15y.o. Take no chances!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, just my opinion....we purchased a 350M Momentum this past winter and towed it 4 hours home with a 16 3500 Ram SRW. Previously owned trailer was 5K lighter. I've been towing equipment for our business for 25 plus years, although the Ram did fine, I felt the margin of comfort was low during the trip home. The trailer felt like it controlled the truck to a degree. Made the decision to trade in the Ram for a 17 F350 DRW, $ouch! I have no regrets. The DRW much feels much more stable and secure. Lane changes, high winds, heavy rain, and tractor trailers passing by are no longer considerations now. The additional up front expense, slightly lower mileage and daily driver issues have been forgotten about. Doesn't matter the brand, DRW are flat out better when towing the heavier trailers. Night and day! If it's in the budget get the DRW. For me, it's just another piece of mind when trying to leave our "regular life" and find the quality down time while on vacation.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12