Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gatlinburg camping

Our first trip with our new 337 will be to Calhoun falls state park for the eclipse then on to Greenbrier Campground just east of Gatlinburg. Will post introduction and details of the trip upon return. Any experience with the Foothills Parkway and 321 from I40 to Gatlinburg?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traffic from I-40 to Gatlinburg can be insane depending on your arrival day and time. I highly suggest you research maps of the area and use the Veterans Boulevard to route you slightly east of the madness through Pigeon Forge !!! Upgrades to 66 between I-40 and Sevierville have helped with flow but once you leave Sevierville traffic can be profane at times. Going east a couple of miles out of Sevierville to Veterans Boulevard then traveling south on that route toward Gatlinburg can save you lots of time and congestion. Check it out !!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks LTT,
    Greenbrier is east of Gatlinburg and I'm coming from the south. Heard back from the Campground management, they do not recommend campers use foothills Parkway, suggested exit 440 Wilton Springs Road to 321.
    T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pulled our 303RLS from Walland over Hwy 321, won't do that again! Very step hills with many tight switchbacks. Posted signs advise this route is not suitable for trucks, should say including campers.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get off I-40 at exit 447 and go West on Hwy 321 thru Cosby toward Gatlinburg. You will see Greenbrier Campground before you get into Gatlinburg. The road is okay to travel on.