User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God only knows how bad I want this and I am in the perfect position to start persuading the wife since we will only be 38 when our youngest graduates high school and I travel for work. Yes we got started young but I am seeing the payoff! I need to get her to read this thread. She does love to travel but we just built a home 5 years ago that she absolutely loves. She will have a much harder time parting ways then I will. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MitterMoe View Post
    and a 10x20 storage unit for what we weren't willing to part with...
    AHA! another storage unit. Good for you, it's important to stay connected to our past and to our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane View Post
    .. since we will only be 38 when our youngest graduates high school and I travel for work. Yes we got started young but I am seeing the payoff!
    We started young also. The big payoff is our ability to go play with the Grandkids. We wear their little puppy butts out. Then we feed them lots of junk food and take them home. The kids either haven't caught on or they are very tolerant.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Djc486- congrats on your first step! My husband and I are in the same process right now, but it's quite difficult since we're not on the mainland. We are listing our house in October and flying to "nowhere in particular" in order to purchase an RV and truck. We are looking at the Solitude 360RL or 377MB for full time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DH is set to retire in May 2018. We are currently downsizing and spiffing up the house to put it on the market.
    I've got my heart set on the Momentum 328M. More like obsessed really.
    DH is a carpenter and we are both woodworkers and have a good sized wood shop. The tools are the hardest to let go of.
    Some we will be keeping in case he still needs to work here and there.
    The endless school stuff from kids is a hard one too. The medals, awards, and trophies, misc clay items.
    N6ZCM1- Taking pics of the kid memorabilia is an awesome idea! Most of it they don't want, and I'm not paying for a storage unit just for those.
    It's is amazing to us what we've managed to accumulate.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be amazed at all the "treasures" you've saved all these years for your kids that they do not care about. Giving up the power tools was hard for me, but after 3 years it's just fine. The resort we stayed at last year and this during winter in Tucson has a full wood shop, so there are ways to get around that.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the "Do we stay or do we go" stage and of course having a hard time deciding mostly due to our family is here and holiday activities etc. Also i work some to stay active and enjoy the extra $$$ as it allows us to go and do, but if anyone has thoughts of working on the road, part time, and such, your two or three cents is welcome. We have read stuff, but real life experiences is best knowledge for us. Thanks ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    We are in the "Do we stay or do we go" stage and of course having a hard time deciding mostly due to our family is here and holiday activities etc. Also i work some to stay active and enjoy the extra $$$ as it allows us to go and do, but if anyone has thoughts of working on the road, part time, and such, your two or three cents is welcome. We have read stuff, but real life experiences is best knowledge for us. Thanks ! ! !
    What you need to realize about working on the road is the pay scale is very low unless you are able to keep your present job. Many retirees work for something to do and don't care how much they make per hour. Many times they work for free camp sites. If you're a handyman, electrician or plumber you can sometimes get a little more $$$. Just sayin'

Red.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane View Post
    God only knows how bad I want this and I am in the perfect position to start persuading the wife since we will only be 38 when our youngest graduates high school and I travel for work. Yes we got started young but I am seeing the payoff! I need to get her to read this thread. She does love to travel but we just built a home 5 years ago that she absolutely loves. She will have a much harder time parting ways then I will. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We attended the Workampers Rendezvous in Heber Springs, Ark. last month and the one thing that everybody agreed to unanimously was that we all wished we'd started years earlier. Having said that.....I read an article recently that said due to the babyboomers, more people are going full time at a record rate.

Like Alan mentions above.....we started kind of down sizing a few years early and the hardest part was getting rid of a life time of tools. Just four months down the road in to this new lifestyle.....what made me think I was going to need all of that? Once you get rid of all the "stuff" it's a very freeing feeling. I can't really explain that except to say that it feels like somebody lifted an anchor from around my neck.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    We are in the "Do we stay or do we go" stage ...your two or three cents is welcome. ! !
    There is no perfect answer. For us go was the only option. Friends and family all think we are looney tune. But over the years they are starting to get it and understand our life choices.

It is a really significant decision, it can only be made by you. People that disagree with your decisions will have a selfish reason, not a bad reason, but more involved in how it will effect them and not you.

Thin ice to be sure. Follow your heart.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda envy you guys who have sold the sticks and bricks and went for the adventure. As much as we'd love the adventure, I just don't think I could do that. Not that I'm overly attached to our worldly possessions, but the idea of not having a home to go to is the thing. Maybe it's all those years I spent on active duty in Tactical Air Command (Mobile TAC). I mean, the one thing I always had during all those deployments, and the year I spent at an isolated remote site at the far end of the Aleutian Chain, I always new when it was over I was going... home. Even now when we are out on our little adventures in the Mohave Desert, or on vacations where ever they may be, or on a cruise, etc. Its always nice to come home and spend some time at the "anchor" if you will. Now we're still several years from full retirement (my wife is younger than I am and she said I can't retire until she does), but even then, I think the most we'l do is part time/ full time.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast