User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I kinda envy you guys who have sold the sticks and bricks and went for the adventure. As much as we'd love the adventure, I just don't think I could do that. Not that I'm overly attached to our worldly possessions, but the idea of not having a home to go to is the thing. Maybe it's all those years I spent on active duty in Tactical Air Command (Mobile TAC). I mean, the one thing I always had during all those deployments, and the year I spent at an isolated remote site at the far end of the Aleutian Chain, I always new when it was over I was going... home. Even now when we are out on our little adventures in the Mohave Desert, or on vacations where ever they may be, or on a cruise, etc. Its always nice to come home and spend some time at the "anchor" if you will. Now we're still several years from full retirement (my wife is younger than I am and she said I can't retire until she does), but even then, I think the most we'l do is part time/ full time.

John
    John we look at it as "we still have a home, just not a house". Our home is mobile. Now to be honest after 4 years of full time what we tend to miss is the social activities of the community, ie. church, RC clubs etc. When we sit for a while we get active in those again. This is why the RV retirement communities are doing so well.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda envy you guys who have sold the sticks and bricks and went for the adventure. As much as we'd love the adventure, I just don't think I could do that.... and she said I can't retire until she does), John
    Do not feel alone. True full timers aren't all that common. Most folks we meet that are on an extended trip still retain some property. Kids are living there or watching the place, etc. You gotta be just a little nuts to drift around. And for someone to have maintained sanity in a crazy world by having a "home" to return to is significant.

As far as the wife saying you can't retire until I retire, baloney. My wife told me exactly the same thing. I told her I was retiring, end of story, she could do what she wanted. She said fine, if you retire then I am quitting and you will have to support me. I said fine. Then I thought about it. Well why not. It's not like we were trying to maintain our lifestyle that we had when we both were working. We dumped lots and lots of overhead. Did some math. Fixed a budget. Away we went. We have been on the road 6 years. She will get to "retire" next year, we will get a raise, yahoo!.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great story Dallas.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your understanding Dallas. On a side note, in truth, my DW is only delaying my retirement by about 18 months. I can deal with that. And the reality is it will result in a significantly higher retirement income for us both. Besides... Happy wife, happy life! ;-)

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, I shouldn't have said it that way, the happy wife thing... In reality, we tend to do everything together, and me being retired and her still working would be less than... And she really loves her job, took a long time for her to get where she is. Okay, enough of this hijack...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ourselves will be pulling the plug, sometime by mid-next year; just haven't picked the final date as of yet. The down-sizing is a little bit of the hard part. But after all is said and done, we have realized it's only "stuff". We will keep some small treasures, and go forth. But as we are beginning to sell some things off, we see the look on the faces of people buying. The most treasured items are going to good homes. Like the really old drafting table...he's a graphic artist but likes drawing things. The guy that had been looking for a particular vintage italian sewing machine that I just happened to be selling. The divorced guy who wants to stay close to the kids, so the rowboat is perfect. And so on...

Most of our "stuff" seems to be going to good and caring people. Yes, it's so hard letting some of it go... But, it's all worth while, so that we can be free and meet all the cool people, like everyone in these forums. We are both looking forward to being full-timers, and maybe meeting some of you.....
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, I shouldn't have said it that way, the happy wife thing... In reality, we tend to do everything together, and me being retired and her still working would be less than... And she really loves her job, took a long time for her to get where she is. Okay, enough of this hijack...

John
    John,

Pam quit a good job that she loved too. It took her almost 6 months to get over the loss (grieving) if you want to call it that. So be patient with her.

Red

P.S. she's over it now...says she ain't going back, it's on me if we need to work...hmmmmm. LOL.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123