User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Erick thanks for this thread. I am following your lead. Took the bathroom wall out this week and have most of my wiring done. I was extremely nervous but so far so good.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning to do the same with Satellite and Solar on our 2018 337RLS. How did you ever get all of the staples from the bathroom wall panel in order to facilitate removal?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleboom View Post
    Planning to do the same with Satellite and Solar on our 2018 337RLS. How did you ever get all of the staples from the bathroom wall panel in order to facilitate removal?
    Most of the staples came out with the wall panel. I used a 1" putty knife (maybe 1 1/2", can't remember) super heated the edge and bent about 1/8" of the edge at a right angle. This allowed me to get the bent edge behind the edge of the wall panel. Slowly and carefully began to pry the wall panel off and away. Did I mention slow and careful. In case I didn't, go very slow and careful. Removing the wall panel without damaging it also requires removing the fan shroud, ceiling light, towel bar, linen cabinet door and toilet. Before reinstalling the panel I removed any remaining staples/nails, also from the trim pieces. Re-installed using a quality 18 gauge nailer. Good luck with your install.......

Erick
    Erick & Cyndi Prescott Valley Az. Unless otherwise indicated, Erick is posting...
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD
    2023 Solitude 310GK, "Pearl"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I don't notice a transfer switch In your materials list.
    Did you wire into existing panel some how?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No transfer switch. I utilized the hard wire lugs on the inverter by making a cord/plug that I plug the shore power cord into. Works good, just have to remember to put the fridge in LP mode so it doesn't start running off the inverter and turn the breaker for the converter/charger off.....
    Erick & Cyndi Prescott Valley Az. Unless otherwise indicated, Erick is posting...
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. & Mrs. G View Post
    No transfer switch. I utilized the hard wire lugs on the inverter by making a cord/plug that I plug the shore power cord into. Works good, just have to remember to put the fridge in LP mode so it doesn't start running off the inverter and turn the breaker for the converter/charger off.....
    Ok, got it. That's a good idea, but requires you to go out and plug it in right?
    Do you just drag the shore power cord into the front compartment?

Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 82alaska View Post
    Ok, got it. That's a good idea, but requires you to go out and plug it in right?
    Do you just drag the shore power cord into the front compartment?

I just use a standard extension cord and one of these myself:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same type adapter Jim referenced above. I ran the cord from the inverter into the storage compartment thru the wall that separates it from the front compartment. I run the extension cord into the storage thru the opening for the water hose.....
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW 4WD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, Erik and Treeofliberty, and you too Jim,,,,, I noticed that Erik used 2/0 welding cable for the batteries and to the inverter, but Tree of lliberty used 4/0.
    So, both have 4 6v battery bank right? Is there a formula that I should use to determine the required size? Im thinking of a 2500 watt invereter . I can't imagine more draw than the hairdryer 1875watts or the microwave at1100 watts at any given time. Mostlyit'll be the TV, Sattalte, DVD, etc in the evenings.
    I also wondered about solar panels to the controller then batteries. should it be #10 or#6?
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little update on my solar project. Following Erick's lead I had removed the wall in the bathroom. I replaced the wall in our Solitude with bead board rather than using the original factory material. I didn't think the factory wall material would go back on very well with all the staples. I also braced the wall to accept mounting a shallow (5 1/2 deep) cabinet. I painted the bead board a cream color per my wife request. I think it looks good. I used a pin nailer on the bead board and factory trim. I was nervous most of the way but having someone do it first gave me the confidence it could be done. While I was at it I ran a dedicated wire to a kitchen cabinet where the lower half houses the control panel. I ran coax to the combiner box and left enough slack in the wall to mount a WeBoost antenna on the factory roof antenna. We will use this cabinet space as our tech cabinet for the wireless router, WebBoost router and media server. Now all I need is a couple of sunny days to install the solar panels. Still undecided on batteries. I know 4 6 volt as I already bought the battery box (same one the treeoflife used). Thanks for this great thread!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast