User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Vacation RV lot to purchase...... any ideas??

Hey GD'ers,

We are new to the Grand Design Family. We have owned many other brands of 5th wheels, but like many, had to learn the hard way that nothing stacks up to the quality of Grand Design. We are so impressed with our new 376TH. I have gone thru it and tried to pick it apart in every way. I keep coming back with the same result...... SOMEBODY FINALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY USE THE RV's!
    Well, anyway, we are looking for a vacation RV spot that we can purchase. I have done some research on these and can never seam to find anything worth a crap.
    We are wanting to have ownership of the lot. It must have all hookups, might have and outbuilding or other amenities, but we would be able to do mods within reason. Also must be in a nice park, with other nice rigs and people which I am assuming is going to be the case as we would be BUYING the lot and not renting.
    We are wanting something down south. Something near or an a lake, river, or ocean.
    I'm kinda open to any suggestions or advice that any one could offer, or any experiences or knowledge that one might have in doing this before. Anything we need to consider before going in on it??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you looking? We are in AZ and looking at White Mountain Vacation Village. Fully owned lots in Northern Arizona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a beautiful park that we have stayed at close to Gulf Shores , AL called Lake Osprey. It does have a nice lake and is also about 20 minutes from the beach. It is well laid out with a beautiful clubhouse. Many of the site also have the adorable guest cottage that you can build on your lot also. I'm sure there is a proper name for them but I don't know what it is! It may be worth checking out.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Riata Village in Misson TX. It is exactly what you described with a club house and pool. We rented a spot that was for sale that had a cabana with hook ups. Very nice high end park and the people were friendly, about half were Canadians wintering in South Texas. Contact Carol Kerr if your interested she's a realtor and can set you up for a stay.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep our trailer in a deeded.RV campground--owned by the members. We pay $410 per year and can camp for 14 days monthly free. Trailers must change sites every 14 days or less. We have 300 campsites, 2 looks and great common buildings. The resort also has a bunch of rental TV's for members without RVs.

We have locked and guarded storage for 300 RVs.

In my books, this is the best deal that's out there. It's just over 1 hr.NE of the edge of Atlanta in mountains topping out at 4500 ft. 7 lakes are within 30 miles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have some experience dealing with this. In our case, we are looking for two things that are VERY hard to find. It must NOT be 55+ only, and if you full-time in an RV they must permit you to have more than 2 people in it, in other words, family-friendly. If those things don't apply to you, it will be much easier to find a place.

One of the issues is that in most places, zoning regulations keep people from building new RV parks with deeded lots. The supply is limited.

Some places sell you a deeded lot but you can only use it for a limited time. Some of them will sell you a "lifetime" deed, but when you die, they sell it to someone else. Others you own, and can either use it full-time or rent it out when you aren't there. We want it to be available whenever we need it.

Pretty much all of them will have a HOA. Some of them are extremely restrictive - to the point that even the folks that live there get tired of them. Others aren't as restrictive - the places still look good, but they don't pick everything apart.

Most of the parks are 55+ only, so for us that leaves them out. The ones that aren't 55+ often still have a rule that says in a 5th wheel there can only be 2 occupants. This is usually done in the parks where the HOA couldn't get the votes to go 55+ but they want to keep out families with children.

We plan to use it as a home base once we are able to travel full-time, a place for our daughter to feel some ownership in, and so stake in government, etc.

There are a couple of places like we are looking for in Utah, but the other issue are "speculators" and "flippers". The worst is this Chinese guy that bought up a bunch of lots in one of the last remaining family-friendly places. We lost out on that when we couldn't come up with the down payment fast enough. He bought a number of them and is now flipping them on a site in China. The lots were going for $25,500, but the cheapest is now $42,000. Still working on the down payment.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a lot for rent or sale here in our hometown of Lake Wales FLORIDA Its waterfront with all hookups and a shed with washer and dryer hookups and electricity. The web site for this over 55 gated community is saddlebaglakeresort.net There is a huge pool, hot tub tennis, shuffle board, horse shoes, pier, boat launch etc, safe with 24 hour security. About an hour to Disney. Very popular with snow birds, also permanent residents with mobile homes. We will rent it but will also sell it. There are two pictures on the saddlebag site classified ad #449 with our info

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BM,
    What is the name of this place?
    TIA
    T

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We keep our trailer in a deeded.RV campground--owned by the members. We pay $410 per year and can camp for 14 days monthly free. Trailers must change sites every 14 days or less. We have 300 campsites, 2 looks and great common buildings. The resort also has a bunch of rental TV's for members without RVs.

We have locked and guarded storage for 300 RVs.

In my books, this is the best deal that's out there. It's just over 1 hr.NE of the edge of Atlanta in mountains topping out at 4500 ft. 7 lakes are within 30 miles.
    Bamaman,
    What is the name of this campground?
    TIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many of you know, we have been looking to buy a site for a while. I found out this week that the Chinese person that bought a ton of sites in St. George, Utah at the Zions Gate RV Resort has no interest in selling them to Americans.

I did try one other "hail Mary".

There is an American owner of 50 lots in the park. I have been trying to contact him for a while to see if he would like to sell one. I finally got in touch with him late this afternoon. It turns out that he doesn't want them any more. He has been trying to sell all of them to one buyer, but can't find one buyer for 50 lots. He wasn't really interested in selling them one by one because he doesn't have the time to do it or the resources to make a website, etc.

I just spent the last three hours working on http://zgrvsites.com/

The sites have 50A power, water, sewer, and are in a great area. If you are looking for a lot, check it out. They are out of our price range right now, but he will cut us a deal if buyers start showing up.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast