Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Imagine 2400BH owners!!

Hi! My wife and I just bought and successfully (I might add) took our first trip in our new Imagine 2400BH. We love it and the camping lifestyle! We are still trying to figure everything out as this is our first travel trailer...

Matt

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to hear about some real-world weights when/if you get them...I'm between the 2400 and 2800. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Matt!! Welcome to our group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky1926 View Post
    Would love to hear about some real-world weights when/if you get them...I'm between the 2400 and 2800. Congrats!

I have not had it on a scale yet. If or when I do, I will make sure to come back to this thread. If you have any other questions I would be happy to try and help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard, Matt, and here's to many more enjoyable camping trips.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpdickens View Post
    Hi! My wife and I just bought and successfully (I might add) took our first trip in our new Imagine 2400BH. We love it and the camping lifestyle! We are still trying to figure everything out as this is our first travel trailer...

Matt
    Congrats! We're strongly considering a 2400bh as well. What are you towing it with and how well did the tow vehicle perform?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmiller35 View Post
    Congrats! We're strongly considering a 2400bh as well. What are you towing it with and how well did the tow vehicle perform?
    Hi! Our current tow vehicle is 2011 Silverado 1500 Crew-cab with a 5.3L. I cannot remember the axle ratio but I do remember we are rated for 9,500lbs. We live in Delaware and recently completed a three hour drive south. So to-date, we have not encountered ANY inclines/declines. That being said, the tow vehicle handled fine. I made sure to keep the weight even and the only weight in the tow vehicle was the occupants. I am certainly not going to win any drag races. Honestly, I wish I had access to a 2500 so I would have more of a standard for comparison. Hope this helps!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpdickens View Post
    Hi! Our current tow vehicle is 2011 Silverado 1500 Crew-cab with a 5.3L. I cannot remember the axle ratio but I do remember we are rated for 9,500lbs. We live in Delaware and recently completed a three hour drive south. So to-date, we have not encountered ANY inclines/declines. That being said, the tow vehicle handled fine. I made sure to keep the weight even and the only weight in the tow vehicle was the occupants. I am certainly not going to win any drag races. Honestly, I wish I had access to a 2500 so I would have more of a standard for comparison. Hope this helps!
    It does help so thanks! Mostly due to the cost of the 2500 and equivalent, we're sticking with a Tundra with a 6-speed xmsn, tow package, WDH, etc...and I'm pretty confident that it'll do fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2018 2400BH and have pulled it from Tennessee: to Florida, to Gatlinburg, to Huntsville, and some other local campgrounds in TN. I tow with a 2012 Ram 2500 cummins diesel. I can hardly feel it back there. You should be fine with a 1500 but it is heavier than some of the competition.

We were going back and forth between the 2400 and 2800. We opted with the 2400 and here is why. I liked the smaller size of being able to sneak into spots other campers cant, we liked the moryde steps better, we were able to swap out the dinette for the L-shaped lounge(which was the best thing we could do. We have three kids so we usually stay outside when camping and sleep in the camper at night.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
    I own a 2018 2400BH and have pulled it from Tennessee: to Florida, to Gatlinburg, to Huntsville, and some other local campgrounds in TN. I tow with a 2012 Ram 2500 cummins diesel. I can hardly feel it back there. You should be fine with a 1500 but it is heavier than some of the competition.

We were going back and forth between the 2400 and 2800. We opted with the 2400 and here is why. I liked the smaller size of being able to sneak into spots other campers cant, we liked the moryde steps better, we were able to swap out the dinette for the L-shaped lounge(which was the best thing we could do. We have three kids so we usually stay outside when camping and sleep in the camper at night.
    I didn’t know the L shape lounge was an option...mind sharing a photo? This peaks my interest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast