User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you full time with just a dinette, even the lounge kind?

We've been looking at the 2670MK and the 2650MK. Dh likes the 2650 because it is shorter. I like that it has such a big back window and counter space. BUT, I don't know how comfortable that dinette would be for watching tv or just sitting.

Right now we only have two recliners and it is ok, but I like eating at a table better than a tray.

We'll be full timing for about a year and then just for short trips. Eventually, we want to spend a few months in summer somewhere too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked the dinette because I too like sitting at a table!! I didn't want the booth type because of the wear and breakdown of the foam padding in the bench type and having to recover and we didn't have a need for an extra bed ! It feels more like home to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Imagine 2650 is discontinued, so if you want one, you better buy it when you see it.

They haven't been built for months...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our previous travel trailer (before going full-time) had only a U-shaped dinette for seating. NOT suitable for watching TV or hunkering down during bad weather. "Real" seating is a must-have for full-timing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interior layout is the biggest factor IMO for comfortable FT living. It isn't about "can you get by with it like that" the question really needs to be about what is more comfortable and will make the unit like home to you.

I can imagine a dinette that could work but from what I've seen in most RV's anything with dual use is usually lacking on one end or the other, if not both.

Make sure you'll be comfortable. Make sure the floor plan works for you. Full time isn't about dealing with stuff for a weekend and sticking the RV back in storage for 4 months while you live in your house comfortably. The RV is your house. So if another 2 or 5 or 10 ft gets you what you want, get it.

Sacrificing on the floor plan lay out when planning on full timing isn't the best idea.

Everyone's needs are different. For us, we require the TV viewing to be dead on with the sofas and not only that we want theater type seating and more than just 2 for company / kids etc. That puts a ton of RVs out because the TV is on some adjacent wall like an after thought or there simply isn't enough seating. We walk in, look at the living room and walk right out. We don't watch a ton of tv or anything, less than an hour a night but we want it to be comfortable and if we want to watch a movie we don't want to be cranking our necks sideways while sitting in a dinette or on a sofa trying to watch a tv 90 degrees to the side. I'll be damned if I'm going to be stuck on a rainy day in my own home and be uncomfortable and making sacrifices.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Interior layout is the biggest factor IMO for comfortable FT living. It isn't about "can you get by with it like that" the question really needs to be about what is more comfortable and will make the unit like home to you.

I can imagine a dinette that could work but from what I've seen in most RV's anything with dual use is usually lacking on one end or the other, if not both.

Make sure you'll be comfortable. Make sure the floor plan works for you. Full time isn't about dealing with stuff for a weekend and sticking the RV back in storage for 4 months while you live in your house comfortably. The RV is your house. So if another 2 or 5 or 10 ft gets you what you want, get it.

Sacrificing on the floor plan lay out when planning on full timing isn't the best idea.

Everyone's needs are different. For us, we require the TV viewing to be dead on with the sofas and not only that we want theater type seating and more than just 2 for company / kids etc. That puts a ton of RVs out because the TV is on some adjacent wall like an after thought or there simply isn't enough seating. We walk in, look at the living room and walk right out. We don't watch a ton of tv or anything, less than an hour a night but we want it to be comfortable and if we want to watch a movie we don't want to be cranking our necks sideways while sitting in a dinette or on a sofa trying to watch a tv 90 degrees to the side. I'll be damned if I'm going to be stuck on a rainy day in my own home and be uncomfortable and making sacrifices.
    We're not full timing, but one of the first things we looked at when looking for our fifth wheel was the configuration of the TV and the seats we'd be sitting in to watch it.

Anything that had the TV on one wall with the seating on a 90 degree angle from it, we immediately crossed it off the list.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We deleted the dinette in our 323BHS and got the SuperSofa option. That gave us room for a left hand and a right hand wallhugger recliners.

Most meals are outside on picnic tables. If we happen to eat inside, we just use TV trays. SuperSofa comes with a 4' folding leg table that's seldom used.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The straight on viewing of tv is what I want too and don't understand why they are so hard to find. We full time right now in a 21' with no slide (never intended that when we bought it), so almost anything we get will be a huge improvement. We don't do a lot of "nature" camping. Most of the time, we go to events, are on the go all day and when we come home in the evening, we like to relax. Right now, we are parked and working and the trailer is a refuge and relaxation is even more important.