Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about ready (8 months)

So excited about trying out our new life style. We got a 360RL and have taken it on one camping trip so far and so far we are absolutely loving it. On the camping trip I ended up dislocating my knee (6 Aug) and now waiting for surgery. Go figure, so it screws up the final 3 camping trips we have planned. We plan on workamping starting in May. We are avid campers and have had 5th wheels now for 20 years. So, we know the basics. We plan on just having a service setting for 4 with plates and such. I am really trying to figure out from people with experience have learned over time.

My questions are:

1. What did you bring with you (or bought) that you are so glad you did (what can't you live without)?
    2. What kind of stuff did you start with that was totally useless and just took up space/weight?
    3. Any upgrades that were game changers?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! I couldn't get along without DW! Carried golf clubs for a couple years and never took them out of bags. Independent Suspension and disc brakes best modifications
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the independent suspension do for you? Mine rides like a dream back there. I can understand the disc brakes, so in order to do that you had to install hydraulics/reservoir?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IS gives me a more stable platform. I upgraded to 8,000 lb. axels. My disc brakes are electric/hydraulic. Hydraulic pump is actuated by brake control in truck
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich G View Post
    So excited about trying out our new life style. … I ended up dislocating my knee (6 Aug)
    Don’t just love the way life throws you a curve ball. Focus on the good stuff endure the bad stuff.

1. What did you bring with you (or bought) that you are so glad you did (what can't you live without)?
    All photo albums scanned and on an external drive.
    Tools enough for any home repair. Some minor auto repairs.
    Some kind of fancy china dish set my wife just had to have got replaced by Melamine dishes, can’t put them into our non-existent dishwasher but they are indestructible.
    All glass ware died the first year, stone wear died the 4th year, we now own a lot of stainless steel glass ware, including the wine glasses.
    Electric drill.

2. What kind of stuff did you start with that was totally useless and just took up space/weight?
    Polisher/sander – new paint and gel coat it was useless.
    Chain Saw – wasn’t totally useless, but the few times I did use it was work for someone else’s benefit. I had great ideas of cutting and splitting my own fire wood. Then I found out how much work it was and decided $4 a bundle wasn’t that bad.
    Scuba gear. Great in FL, the first time my wife dove a cold fresh water lake was the last time we used the scuba gear. Now when we fly back to FL to visit we rent.
    Square back canoe and 4hp outboard. Didn’t use it much, but when I backed over the canoe and destroyed it we didn’t have much use for the outboard so got rid of it. We got an inflatable white water kayak instead.
    Deep sea fishing gear, sigh, it had great sentimental value but it’s hard to feel a small trout on a Penn 6.0 Senator rig.

3. Any upgrades that were game changers?
    Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
    Axle upgrade – some kind of failure within 500 miles. Out of warranty, broke down and stuck. $6k later 8k axles, 17.5 tires, disk brakes, no failures for over 4 years. I am watching the stock suspension on my new Momentum like a hawk. I hate spending that much money again if it is not necessary, but will pull the trigger pretty quick if I get issues.

What was really hard was the 14th purge. After getting the house emptied out and having everything in the RV, then we went and weighed it. Oh NO! Gotta dump 500 pounds just to get close to Max weight, not 500 below, 500 above. Got rid of some more tools, jello molds, clothes, extra DVD player, weight set, the other axe…
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks that was some good information.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear G614 G rated tires x 7, TPMS, ceramic window film (because I bought used and it doesn't have the dual pane windows) and the disc brakes are next. And if you don't have the rear view camera......that would be money very well spent. I also added additional LED run/turn/brake lights to the rear to make us more visible in bad weather and hopefully for those driving and texting....for the safety of our rig and my bike inside! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5648.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	9530
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg