Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pleasantly surprised you tow with srw, I too have looked at the 375 res but don't want to go drw. so my waffling continues..........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaultster View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised you tow with srw, I too have looked at the 375 res but don't want to go drw. so my waffling continues..........
    I feel the same way. With 2900 dry add in 150 hitch and 400 poumds of people and stuff in the truck you,re already at 3450 payload which is over most high option 350 SRW trucks. That doesn't include a couple of batteries and propane in the 5er plus stuff you load in the 5er.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use your head. I added 50 lbs more to the front than I did the back. The rear storage is much bigger than the front so it is easy to balance the load. The trailer was heavier than the quoted UVW so I really didn't add 2000 lbs. I put about 600 lbs in the front and 900 lbs in the rear, or somewhere close to that, adding about 1500 lbs total which ended up adding about 50 lbs to the pin.

There is more to pulling a 5th wheel than just having enough motor. The tow vehicle has to be able to handle it and the trailer has to tow well which mine does both. Of coarse you all ready new that...Right?

No scale tickets . The scales are closed when I'm able to use them. The next time I'm at the scales I'll take a picture for you. Until then you will just have to wait. I'm a long ways from home now and I'm not going pay to run it across a scale just for you. I know where my weights are at. Don't really give a S... if you do. Now you can go back and sit on your butt and play with your calculator. I'm going to be traveling the states and have fun with a 5th wheel that tows great and weighs exactly what I stated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaultster View Post
    I'm not sure why. I'm 300 lbs under the rear GAWR and 1080 lbs under the max tire load. You don't always need a DRW to tow a 5th wheel. There are some on some of the forums that think you need a semi to tow a 4'x8' utility trailer. You need to get out (go stay in some of the big RV parks) and talk to people that are really doing it and see what really works. You will find that there are way more people towing with SRW than there are DRW. They are just not on here playing with their calculators. DRW have there place but they are not always desirable or needed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warsaw1. -- with the way you have that loaded and your light pin you could be over your 5er rear axle/tires ratings so I would get weigh on CAT scale. But that's me, I believe ratings are to be followed. Like the tray in the rear has a 600 pound rating according to GD.

Yep.. their those that think they can put air bags on a pickup truck and tow a 80,000 pound simi trailer with no concern for the other people on the with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Warsaw1. -- with the way you have that loaded and your light pin you could be over your 5er rear axle/tires ratings so I would get weigh on CAT scale. But that's me, I believe ratings are to be followed. Like the tray in the rear has a 600 pound rating according to GD.
    Nope the axles are within 100 lbs of each other and both are within limits. There is way more storage in the rear than just the tray and the tray has an 800 lb rating not 600. Did you even look at a 375res or are you just sitting in your chair and think you know all about it. The weights I have are from a State truck scale. In Oregon when they are closed they still operate and have a readout on the outside. When they are closed they are open to the public and are free to use.

Yep.. their those that think they can put air bags on a pickup truck and tow a 80,000 pound simi trailer with no concern for the other people on the with them.
    Touche......

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vaultster --

Go to the GD Owner's Facebook page and search for the 375RES you find a half dozen CAT weight slips and and the pin weights run between 3500 to 3800 pounds and the have real scale weights and show the weight tickets. Then decide for yourself. A couple were even over the trucks axle ratings. Good luck with your search.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Vaultster --

Go to the GD Owner's Facebook page and search for the 375RES you find a half dozen CAT weight slips and and the pin weights run between 3500 to 3800 pounds and the have real scale weights and show the weight tickets. Then decide for yourself. A couple were even over the trucks axle ratings. Good luck with your search.
    Then they have it loaded wrong. You read to much. You need to do SOMETHING for yourself and see where you end up. I'm telling you what I have. Believe me or not I really don't care. I really think you just want to argue for the sake of argue and don't have any real experience and don't have a clue what you are talking about. At least with the 375res. I have one. I know what it weighs. I can talk from what is real. Don't need to go any farther than that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    I'm not sure why. I'm 300 lbs under the rear GAWR and 1080 lbs under the max tire load. You don't always need a DRW to tow a 5th wheel. There are some on some of the forums that think you need a semi to tow a 4'x8' utility trailer. You need to get out (go stay in some of the big RV parks) and talk to people that are really doing it and see what really works. You will find that there are way more people towing with SRW than there are DRW. They are just not on here playing with their calculators. DRW have there place but they are not always desirable or needed.
    Are you sure you weight it since your numbers don't add up.

A F350 rear axle weights around 3200 pounds with a B&W hitch installed and rated to 7050 for a difference of 3,850 pounds if you are loading to axle weighs which I load to GVWR. You say you are within 300 pounds of your axle ratings so subtract 300 from the 3850 gives you a pin weight around 3550. That just simple math.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    Then they have it loaded wrong. You read to much. You need to do SOMETHING for yourself and see where you end up. I'm telling you what I have. Believe me or not I really don't care. I really think you just want to argue for the sake of argue and don't have any real experience and don't have a clue what you are talking about. At least with the 375res. I have one. I know what it weighs. I can talk from what is real. Don't need to go any farther than that.
    I also had it across the scales several time as I was loading it and balancing the load. Doesn't sounds like some of the others took the time to do that. I blows me away that people take so little time getting things right and then bitch because it doesn't work how they thought it should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast