Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full timing in a 375RES-R

Wondering if anyone is full timing in a 375RES? With all the storage space this model has to offer it looks like a good choice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked really looked hard at that model and two reason I didn't buy.

1. The low cargo capacity compare to the amount of storage.

2. I have seen several CAT scale tickets and the pin weight over 3600.pounds (23 percent of scale weight loaded ready to camp..

i didn't want to deal with a DRW truck since with 3600 pound pin I would need a truck with a payload of around 4200 pounds after passengers and hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CWSWine. I'm in the same situation having a F350 SRW. One comment from the sales person was the fact that this model can be loader pretty heavy to the rear of the axle and would reduce pin weight? What's you thought on that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one on display at Elkhart Fairgrounds for our rally
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the have on on display at the Hershey Pa show next month. It would be interesting to hear what the factory reps have to say. I really like the layout and all the storage it offers. Maybe someone else on the form that has one will see this thread and comment their experience.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future Grand Design Owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I full time in a 375res. It's a great trailer with lots of room and a lot of storage. The nice thing about this trailer is it has a lot of rear storage so you can balance out the load and not over load the pin weight. Totally loading going down the road the trailer sits at 16200 and the pin weight is 2950. This is with water in the heater and lines and about 10 gal in the tank. If I were to totally fill the fresh water tank it would add another 600 lbs. and put it overweight but, I never do. I have a SRW and the trailer tows great. I got the trailer in May of this year and now have almost 5K miles on it. I can't think of a better trailer for full time use. 8k axles would be nice though. It would be nice to have a little more cushion but then I would just add more weight and need to buy a DRW.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pleasantly surprised you tow with srw, I too have looked at the 375 res but don't want to go drw. so my waffling continues..........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaultster View Post
    I am pleasantly surprised you tow with srw, I too have looked at the 375 res but don't want to go drw. so my waffling continues..........
    I feel the same way. With 2900 dry add in 150 hitch and 400 poumds of people and stuff in the truck you,re already at 3450 payload which is over most high option 350 SRW trucks. That doesn't include a couple of batteries and propane in the 5er plus stuff you load in the 5er.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaultster View Post
    I'm not sure why. I'm 300 lbs under the rear GAWR and 1080 lbs under the max tire load. You don't always need a DRW to tow a 5th wheel. There are some on some of the forums that think you need a semi to tow a 4'x8' utility trailer. You need to get out (go stay in some of the big RV parks) and talk to people that are really doing it and see what really works. You will find that there are way more people towing with SRW than there are DRW. They are just not on here playing with their calculators. DRW have there place but they are not always desirable or needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast