Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full timing in a 375RES-R

Wondering if anyone is full timing in a 375RES? With all the storage space this model has to offer it looks like a good choice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked really looked hard at that model and two reason I didn't buy.

1. The low cargo capacity compare to the amount of storage.

2. I have seen several CAT scale tickets and the pin weight over 3600.pounds (23 percent of scale weight loaded ready to camp..

i didn't want to deal with a DRW truck since with 3600 pound pin I would need a truck with a payload of around 4200 pounds after passengers and hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CWSWine. I'm in the same situation having a F350 SRW. One comment from the sales person was the fact that this model can be loader pretty heavy to the rear of the axle and would reduce pin weight? What's you thought on that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one on display at Elkhart Fairgrounds for our rally
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the have on on display at the Hershey Pa show next month. It would be interesting to hear what the factory reps have to say. I really like the layout and all the storage it offers. Maybe someone else on the form that has one will see this thread and comment their experience.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future Grand Design Owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I full time in a 375res. It's a great trailer with lots of room and a lot of storage. The nice thing about this trailer is it has a lot of rear storage so you can balance out the load and not over load the pin weight. Totally loading going down the road the trailer sits at 16200 and the pin weight is 2950. This is with water in the heater and lines and about 10 gal in the tank. If I were to totally fill the fresh water tank it would add another 600 lbs. and put it overweight but, I never do. I have a SRW and the trailer tows great. I got the trailer in May of this year and now have almost 5K miles on it. I can't think of a better trailer for full time use. 8k axles would be nice though. It would be nice to have a little more cushion but then I would just add more weight and need to buy a DRW.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warsw1 --- interesting GD has the dry pin at 2900 and you only added 50 pounds and you add 2000 pounds. That means you are running 18% pin weight and dry pin weight is over 20%. Even if the pin weight percent stayed the same at 20% would be a 3240 pin at 16200.

When i was lookiing pin weights of 5 different 375res were between 22 and 23 percent of ready to camp weight.

As far as loading aft of wheels a friend loads a 1250 pound golf cart in his toy hauler and reduces the pin by about 150 pounds. There are examples on this forum showing similar results in TH forums. I know this is not a TH but I doubt you will be adle to off set that much weight Loading below 20% can cause towing problems with that much weight behind the axles. Loading to the rear can cause sway problems I know that for a fact since I had front living room with a 19.8% pin that side winds played havoc with.

Heck i was over a 2017 1 ton diesel SRW with a 3744 payload with the lightest Solitude 310GK with a dry pin of 2350 pounds Here is a link to my scale weights https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Scale-Weights. Loaded for 30 day trip trip within 300 pounds of axle with loaded to 14300

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can guess all you want. I'm just telling what it is and I as I've have said, I have towed this trailer almost 5K miles over the Cascades and the Rockies and it tows great. ("0" SWAY). I can't help what YOUR trailer did but this trailer does what I said. If you still want to tell me what you think it should be just come on over and we can run it across the scale and take you for a ride then you will know what reality is, not just what your speculation and calculator thinks it should be.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warsw1 - Ok - you add 2000 pounds of cargo with a dry pin of 2900 and only added 50 pounds to the dry pin weight. Then post one of your scale tickets and prove me wrong. That would be simple. Of coarse it pulls fine. My motor home has 380hp Cummins and it rated for combine weighting of 46,200 pounds and I have had in the Rockies at 38,400 combine weight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast