User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nautilus P1 Flow Diagram (Unofficial)

I'm a new owner of an 337RLS and new to Grand Design. I am a retired Reactor Operator & Instructor. I really wanted to have a flow diagram that shows the relationship between the different valves. I searched all over the internet and was not able to find one. So I decided to create one myself. I cannot (of course) guarantee the accuracy of the flow diagram, but it seems to make sense, based on the front and back valve arrangements and the photos available at the BendBmolders website

Here is the PDF document. I hope others find it useful. If you find any mistakes, drop me a note at (username@)hotmail.com

Nautilus P1 Flow Diagrams

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding. I like to know how things work too. Thanks for the contribution. Please post corrections if anyone has them.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure wish that level of technical documentation for all the systems on our trailers could be provided by Grand Design. I bought a new Winnebago Class A in 2007 and got two thick notebooks of system diagrams/schematics and assembly drawings with that coach. They were downloadable from the Winnebago website and I had to print them myself; but, at least the information was made available. Is certainly something GD could take from their new parent company to improve the customer experience.
    2016 F350 4X4 CC SB SRW 6.7 Powerstroke with OEM 5th Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
    Bakflip G2 Bed Cover
    Andersen Ultimate Aluminum Fifth Wheel Hitch
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too wish that they would include some technical documentation and a diagram of where things are - like the Master/bunkhouse tv mounting plate. Our dealer said that the backing plate was where the sticker was located. WRONG! it was about 5 inches off. Missy quickly sent us a diagram of where the backer plate was located and some wall paper to patch our holes. But if we would have had the diagram included in the paper work that we got from the dealer our mistake would not have been made. I know that JAYCO (2013 model) included a structural diagram showing where all the support braces where. It did help when we wanted to mount a tv in the bunkhouse. On another note, we had over 12 inches of rain last weekend during Harvey (not nearly as bad as the Houston area) and not one leak.

Have a safe Labor Day.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome. I've been wanting to figure out a flow diagram myself, but haven't had time. Must be a nuke thing. I'm a Shift Manager!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flow diagram sure helps. Thanks!

Here is the Nautilus P1 installation manual:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nautilus-P1_Install_small.pdf 
Views:	212 
Size:	899.3 KB 
ID:	9616

And my notes on the valves:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NautilusP1Valves.pdf 
Views:	261 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	9617

I wonder if there is a check valve on the water heater outlet? It would prevent backfill of the water heater when it's bypassed during winterization with antifreeze. It's my understanding that RV antifreeze should not get into the water heater tank.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    I wonder if there is a check valve on the water heater outlet? It would prevent backfill of the water heater when it's bypassed during winterization with antifreeze. It's my understanding that RV antifreeze should not get into the water heater tank.
    That would make sense. I am tempted to take off the access cover and take a look. If I do, and if I find a check valve, I'll update my drawing. Meanwhile, if anyone knows for certain, I would like to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those diagrams are great. Thank y'all for posting.

Every water heater bypass setup that I have seen without a 3 valve system had a check valve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I've modified the drawings to show a check valve in the logical place. When I winterize this fall I'll verify it's there by verifying no back-flow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukeboyt View Post
    I'm a new owner of an 337RLS and new to Grand Design. I am a retired Reactor Operator & Instructor. I really wanted to have a flow diagram that shows the relationship between the different valves. I searched all over the internet and was not able to find one. So I decided to create one myself. I cannot (of course) guarantee the accuracy of the flow diagram, but it seems to make sense, based on the front and back valve arrangements and the photos available at the BendBmolders website

Here is the PDF document. I hope others find it useful. If you find any mistakes, drop me a note at (username@)hotmail.com

Nautilus P1 Flow Diagrams
    Thanks very much
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast