Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 Rally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Rally

I am sorry that all of you couldn't be here for the biggest, best National Rally! Pam and Red, and Connie Did a fantastic job. A good time was had by all. I am happy my truck has extra carry capacity, because I'm sure we gained weight last week
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we're super happy that they volunteered to chair next year's Rally as well. The volunteers that helped also deserve a big thanks as well. Pam was generous with her praise and that was nice. It was nice also she recognized Dave & Monica Thompson last night for their 3 years at the helm.
    A lot of fun last night, and some nice thank you's to the Grand Design repair techs, JD and Jerry McCarthy. I'll bet Jerry never had 500 people sing to him 'Happy Birthday'.
    Safe travels everyone throughout the year and hope to see you all again next year.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you all had a great time! Sounds like food, fellowship, fun, info and fantastic giving made for a great rally!

We are going to try for next year but for now the great Nor-Cal Rally starts in a couple weeks and that should be a great time too!

Safe travels home to you all!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was a terrific event. The GDRV and LCI technicians did a superb job. We're not planning on going next year due to the distance, but hope to see some of you at the Quartzsite rally.

Jim

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a GRAND time for sure. Pam (and Red too), Connie , Jerry, JD and all the GD techs and Lippert did an outstanding job. We had a blast meeting new friends and reuniting with other repeat rally goers. Can't wait until next year.

Kudo to Don, GD and Winnebago for joining the efforts and matching funds collected from of all the attendees for the hurricane victims in Texas .

Time to diet for sure. Food was great and no one went away hungry .

Cya all at the next rally!!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. For those that missed it TucsonJim did a great job on his "Disaster planing seminar"...Thank you Jim. Also, Rob did a fantastic job on his "Kantleak" seminar as well...Thank you Rob. Guys like this stepping up to the plate to put on presentations really adds to the informational quality of the rally.

Marcy, you are the number 1 fund raiser. Marcy has run the 50/50 for all four rally years along with LC Boyer and her crew of volunteers.

All of these volunteers accepted the request to help, took the ball and ran with it and we never had to worry about the job getting done. Volunteers like this make our job easier and make the rally a success. Many other volunteers put in many hours to make this a GRAND rally too but I didn't have a chance to thank these great volunteers before they left the area.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Red (and Pam too).
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I agree with everyone else, a great Rally for sure!

Red, Pam is just a natural at leading the Rally! In my years of working I had to attend conferences every year and I can't remember a more energetic and delightful leader. I doubt we will be able to make next year's rally, yeah, right, said that before , but I'm sure it will be amazing.

And LC, what the heck happened? I'm so sorry we never connected! I came by many times and you weren't there or if I saw your truck there I was on some other mission. Sorry buddy
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the way home yesterday Allen and I were talking about all of our friends we have made and fostered in the last four years. We, most likely, would have never met most of the folks but for the common denominator of Grand Design. I hope they realize aside from the business aspect how important this is to most of us. The rally was the biggest and best yet! Red and Pam did an outstanding job! As a volunteer, I can say that all of us knew where we were supposed to be and what we were supposed to be doing. Red and Pam had laid the footwork months before. As has been said before, many thanks to Grand Design for their level of participation! It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful they are to us.
    It will be a chore to get back to a regular schedule here at home. Really? Do I have to cook?? Anyway I have started the countdown on my calendar until we get to go again! Definitely one of the highlights of our year!!
    Safe travels friends and see you down the road!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I agree with everyone else, a great Rally for sure!

Red, Pam is just a natural at leading the Rally! In my years of working I had to attend conferences every year and I can't remember a more energetic and delightful leader. I doubt we will be able to make next year's rally, yeah, right, said that before , but I'm sure it will be amazing.

And LC, what the heck happened? I'm so sorry we never connected! I came by many times and you weren't there or if I saw your truck there I was on some other mission. Sorry buddy
    We were kept pretty busy. I rode over to see you a couple times, couldn't catch you either. Jim told me y'all had come by
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places