Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with new Furron stove?

I have a 2018 337rls reflection with the new style stove. There are three burners on the top of the unit and the one on the far right burns strange. When you light it it burns with a low blue flame and a lot of yellow. The blue flame will not get as tall as the other burners when on high. It barely stays lit on low at that point there isn't much yellow flame left. I checked all the holes on the burner they all seem clean. Don't want to take it to the dealer time is getting short in Michigan to camp so Iam looking for some help if anyone has any ideas. Thank You

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Furrion. It's not an Atwood or Suburban. Why do these RV companies insist on putting junk in RV's.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a simple adjustment to the burner IF you can lift the top off and play with the air mixture to that burner only.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Furrion for ideas on the right burner burning strange. The right burner could not be adjusted, just be cleaned of oils on the burner assembly. There was no oils causing a large yellow flame on the right burner, the other two burners worked fine. Furrion said the stove top assembly needed to be replaced, they were very helpful in trouble shouting the problem and sending the parts to my dealer as they wouldn't let me install it for safety reasons. Just thought I would share this information if anyone had a similar issue. Furrion payed the entire bill, it was still under warranty.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD needs to stop using cheap Chinese junk.The Furrion microwave/convection in my 2017 337RLS fizzled out after 8 months use.Only good thing is I called Furrion and they are shipping out a new replacement unit...only minimal questions asked,so they know they are selling junk,and GD knows it too.My taste buds are really getting sour over this GD coach...wish I had my old Hitchhiker back and they had a feather....

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    GD needs to stop using cheap Chinese junk.The Furrion microwave/convection in my 2017 337RLS fizzled out after 8 months use.Only good thing is I called Furrion and they are shipping out a new replacement unit...only minimal questions asked,so they know they are selling junk,and GD knows it too.My taste buds are really getting sour over this GD coach...wish I had my old Hitchhiker back and they had a feather....

Over a microwave? Really?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Over a microwave? Really?
    Yeah..over a microwave,,,and the poor quality craftsmanship...the awnings that were not installed right..the lippert grease seals that saturated all brakes with grease..the shower enclosure that was never sealed,allowing water to get outside the shower around the frame..the heater duct that was not installed right on bed slide..the roof membrane that has bubbles all over it...pictures sent to GD with resulting case number...I could go on and on,but space would not allow it here. Too bad for GD..and it makes one wonder why two of the CEO's left after merging with Winnebago.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to respond to my post of Problem with new Furrion stove. I called Furrion hoping to learn if I could fix my stove issue myself. The owners manual had ideas but weren’t helping. Furrion offered to take care of things, they took my vin number etc. calling them was in no disrespect to Grand Design i was just hoping to repair and learn something myself. As for GD using junk I have friends that have campers, different brands, that cost ALOT more the our 337rls and have the same model stove, oven, fireplace, water panels etc. We did have a Reflection 2016 27rl that had issues and GD was there for us every step of the way possible correcting our issues. All our issues were corrected and I couldn’t believe the steps that were taken to solve them. We wouldn’t have bought our 2018 337 Reflection if we didn’t believe in them. I feel bad to anyone who has a coach with a lot of issues but call GD and give them a chance.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    Yeah..over a microwave,,,and the poor quality craftsmanship...the awnings that were not installed right..the lippert grease seals that saturated all brakes with grease..the shower enclosure that was never sealed,allowing water to get outside the shower around the frame..the heater duct that was not installed right on bed slide..the roof membrane that has bubbles all over it...pictures sent to GD with resulting case number...I could go on and on,but space would not allow it here. Too bad for GD..and it makes one wonder why two of the CEO's left after merging with Winnebago.
    Attached is a link addressing details of the Winnebago acquisition and the impact on owners Don Clark and the Fenech brothers.......see my post #90 for details. It is not unusual in the least to see not only owners but senior/other level leaders exit most often immediately and over time at most often at the sole decision (rarely jointly) by the acquiring entity. Your last statement implying the the Bill and Ron left because of something with Winnebago is from we all have learned is not accurate.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ghlight=fenech

Yes there will be some issues with GDRV just as with other manufacturers but the difference is what happens next. GDRV has been since day one and still is hands down the best at working with owners and other stakeholders to not only address but and improve the product/service/situation and go above and beyond to take care of folks. If there are GDRV folks not helping to resolve the issues with your RV, the GDRV management team and leaders do want to know so they learn about your frustrations/experiences/etc. to make things right. GDRV Corporate Main # from the GDRV website is 574 825 8000.

If there are things we forum members can do to help, let us know.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious about the loudness of the fan in the oven....normal?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc