User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better insulation and windows

I am a “damn yankee” (one who is from the north and lives anywhere in the south) and we have been “glamping” in a off brand bumper tow starting in ‘13 and our Reflection 303 since the spring of ‘16. We live in Georgia and glamp wherever and whenever we can. In ‘19 and so far in ‘20, we have had the privilege to go in the colder weather.

My question is (and I did a quick search so if this has been answered previously, I couldn’t find it and apologize): I realize these are not the most efficient vehicles for keeping warm in the winter months and cool in the summer months but wouldn’t having the dual (triple available?) pane windows and/or extra insulation from the factory along with any larger furnace be better than what we have? This unit was bought new by us in GA in ‘16 and usually it is 85+ and humid so colder weather is not typically an issue. I would think the better insulation and windows you can get should help all year around. We have considered driving to a northern state where one would be equipped this way as most, if any, here are not.

Any experience or knowledge any of you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an ongoing discussion on dual pane windows right now:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l-pane-windows

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Queen View Post
    I am a “damn yankee” (one who is from the north and lives anywhere in the south) and we have been “glamping” in a off brand bumper tow starting in ‘13 and our Reflection 303 since the spring of ‘16. We live in Georgia and glamp wherever and whenever we can. In ‘19 and so far in ‘20, we have had the privilege to go in the colder weather.

My question is (and I did a quick search so if this has been answered previously, I couldn’t find it and apologize): I realize these are not the most efficient vehicles for keeping warm in the winter months and cool in the summer months but wouldn’t having the dual (triple available?) pane windows and/or extra insulation from the factory along with any larger furnace be better than what we have? This unit was bought new by us in GA in ‘16 and usually it is 85+ and humid so colder weather is not typically an issue. I would think the better insulation and windows you can get should help all year around. We have considered driving to a northern state where one would be equipped this way as most, if any, here are not.

Any experience or knowledge any of you have would be greatly appreciated!!
    No difference in the insulation value for the ones further north. They all come off of the same line and built the same way.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Better insulation and windows

There’s already several threads on this.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.