Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, their website is not very informative on installation and applications. I really didn't get that far as to which hitch I needed, but I did see a listing for 1400. I guess thats the heaviest they go. I have read on here that somebody else was happy with the blue ox. Are you happy with the trailer and I guess the truck pulls it ok? Is that a dually F350?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaDave View Post
    Firewalker, I picked up my 374TH in March, 2017 and have been full timing since. I picked the 374TH for the exact reasons you had in your opening thread. I wanted the full living space plus room for the Harley, kayak, and a few other toys. The 374TH was the only unit, or combination of units, that answered all those requirements. I was lucky and lived in South Bend last year (previous 30 years I lived in Dallas) and was able to visit all the major manufacturers and many dealers in the area. To me, Grand Design was the best. But there are always a few "BUTS" that need to be considered. Yes, you need the dually and I suggest you make it a 4X4. I've already encountered the situation of a soft parking spot in an RV park and needed the 4X4 just to get parked. If you plan on boon docking I expect 4X4 may be a requirement. Remember this is a 20,000 pound unit. Next I suggest you and your wife spend some time at your dealer checking out the bedroom. Spend some time in the bedroom. Take sheets and make the bed. The bedroom is tighter than most units. Another item is the length and weight of the unit. The 374TH is basically a 20,000 pound semi going down the road. You have to plan your route before you get on the road. The 374TH is not a travel trailer. If you can handle items like this then the 374TH is a great unit for you.

Good Luck
    Thanks ChinaDave, yes it is a heavy trailer. I drive a big truck part time for Blue Bell and I know exactly what you mean about routing your trip. Just because the map shows a road going where you need to go, you need more info to be safe. I'm leaning to go with the travel trailer first and upgrade later after getting the right truck. I just don't want to spend what I need to to get the right truck and then the cost of that nice 374th.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTS in PA View Post
    The Propride and Hensley hitches do work well, but they aren't rated for the tongue weight of the 315RLTS. I just weighed our 315 and the tongue weight is 1700 lbs and that's with no water. I'm using the Blue Ox Sway Pro with 2000 lb bars and so far I'm happy with the way it tows.
    I'm leaning toward the Blue Ox hitch now also. I'm thinking it will be plenty strong enough and pulling with a one ton I'm hoping no problem with sway. Not to mention the cost savings. I have been talking to Blue Ox about their website and picking the hitch and not knowing what all you get. (no pics) They are very helpful. They told me you only get the 7 hole shank with the 2000 lb. bars. 315RLTS is there plenty of adjustment for your truck and trailer to get level with the 7 hole shank? They tell me you can't use the 9 or 11 hole because its not rated for the 2000 lb. hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This drawing might be helpful in understanding the Blue Ox shanks. In my case, with the 7-hole shank, I think I will be OK with the hitch mount in the lowest position, which is still a 1.97" rise. I have the option from Blue Ox to swap for the 9-hole if necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Ox Shank Dimensions.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	9818

How do I attach an image and make it big enough to be able to see?

Try this link: http://www.klenger.net/misc-stuff.html

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    This drawing might be helpful in understanding the Blue Ox shanks. In my case, with the 7-hole shank, I think I will be OK with the hitch mount in the lowest position, which is still a 1.97" rise. I have the option from Blue Ox to swap for the 9-hole if necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue Ox Shank Dimensions.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	9818

How do I attach an image and make it big enough to be able to see?

Try this link: http://www.klenger.net/misc-stuff.html
    Ok Klenger, so you are still almost 2" above the trailers hitch when level, and then you're on the lowest 2 holes on the shank? If so thats cutting it pretty close. I don't have the option to do the 9 hole because they don't recommend that one with the 2000 lb. bars.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been able to hitch up to the trailer yet, but hope to in the next few days. What I'm betting on is that the rear of the truck will settle 2" or so (maybe more) with the weight of the trailer hitch on it. It will come back up some when I tension the WD bars, but I have some control over how much. If that fails, I already have a 9-hole shank from Blue Ox that I can switch to. Whichever shank I don't use, I can return for full credit.

It seems that Blue Ox could have designed the hitch differently so that it didn't require so much drop just to level it out with the receiver.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great thread. been vascillating same as others here about 374, 376 and the 375RES. i don't necessarily want a garage to hang out in, etc. sit ona patio, that's not what i would use it for. but i need storage for some stuff like bicycles, maybe my golf cart, etc. just stuff. to me that 374 and 376TH looks about right. i tend to like the 376 because it has the generator installed ,prepped for about less than it would cost to add it, and i like it when traveling on the road, pulling over wherever, etc. we end up in spots that don't have full rv support, lake-side, race tracks, etc. and i do like the fuel tanks for the golfcart, and the generator. other than those things, they look about the same. anyone else go through this and opt for the 374 for a particular reason oer the 376 or vice versa.

and lastly, i had read somewhere that someone was disappointed in the 376 and 374 i presume the new 2018 models because the bed goes up and down. the up/down is a good thing, but the bad thing is that when up, it looks to me like you can just see right into the bedroom. that is there is no rubber accordion type seal. which means elements, humidity, bugs, etc could get in if/when the garage door ramp door is open.
    is that correct? and if so, anyone see any solutions for this?
    you'd think some kind of rubbery seal would work wellthough probably gets pinched when going up or down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12