Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, bummer about the bear.

Please find attached our order sheet. You will notice there are not a lot of options available. We did not pay MSRP.

I wish I would have gone ahead and gotten the G614 tires, just for peace of mind, although we have about 3600 miles on the Westlakes.

I got slide toppers, helps with sun protection when it's hot, helps with rain protection when it's really raining. Some people have issues with them, I don't. I very rarely have to clean them off when packing up. I do however brush deep snow off of them. When that snow melts and refreezes it get real heavy.

Generator. I have played with lots of portable generators, the Onan is reputable and really easy to use, combined with the built in fuel tank it was a really good choice for us.

2nd and third A/C units, we spend time in Texas. You may want to research the "Load management system" that comes with the third A/C. It may now be a standard item. It's a little box labeled EMS, if power is not right it will shut something off. It reads whether you are on generator, 30amp, or 50amp.

Heat Pump A/C unit. Works pretty good in cool weather. Haven't tried running it in cold weather yet. I have read it won't heat well below 40F. Don't know for sure yet.

Didn't see any use for the chairs, backup camera, and fancy stereo.

We avoided toy haulers because of the loss of living space. We did not want to live in our garage. The little garage is just enough for my DR650 and my wife's Honda Trail.

Dealers. I bought mine from Tarpley's in Durango CO. They were willing to dicker, plus they were willing to take my Cedar Creek in trade, that was huge.

I nearly had a deal with 2. Kroubetz Lakeside Campers, Lake Crystal, MN, but Tarpley's was closer. I worked with Blue Dog RV. Big outfit, a little sharky for me, but others have indicated they were happy with them. I talked one time with Camp-Land RV, Burns Harbor, IN. I think they are the closest dealer to GD factory.

Full time living and fixing problems. I have a short list of annoying problems with our new 376TH. I may get back by Tarpley's. But essentially you will have to plan way ahead, make and appointment with a GD dealer, explain you are full time and live in the RV and ask how they work around that. If they insist on just dropping it off go somewhere else. I love the idea of the factory shop. If we ever get anything major we will make a run to Indiana. GD has been really good about communicating with us and offereing to send parts and pay for jobbers to do work. They don't want to pay for mobile repairmen "service call fees". Understandable.

We got the paint job because as 5th wheels age the decals tend to get real ugly. Not saying that will happen with GD decals, but almost all other 5th wheels we have seen purchased when we bought our first one aint pretty no more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2 Order Sheet.pdf 
Views:	13 
Size:	387.7 KB 
ID:	9739
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VonZoog, No worries. I like the bike, nice and simple looking. Looks great. I wanted to do the same thing with an old CB 750K that I was given 30 years ago. Never worked out, lack of funds.

-------------------------------

JC! I looked for you on here, I'd figure you'd pop up!

- Toppers - I agree - are these better installed by the factory or is there an aftermarket product that everyone greatly prefers?

- I can see the need for rollers. I have a 24 foot car hauler at the moment, and I've scuffed that back bottom corner a few times. what does something like that run and where would I seek that kinda work?

- Disk brake conversion? I probably need to scour the forums when I get a moment to get the details of why.

------------------------------

D2Reid,

Thanks! I was thinking pinging a few local RV dealers around GD yesterday, since in theory their costs are less.

My experience with heat pumps is that they are ineffectual at freezing temps and below. I had a house in SW Texas and that heat pump did the same thing. I had to rely on the emergency heat function which is basically electrical coil heat used to augment the system. As an aside, a dometic refrigerator doesn't work well on electricity at the same freezing temps, but it will work on propane at those temps.

I travel a bit, I am hoping that the G614 that are listed as options are available. I also won't mind going back to the factory for small work to be done since I've family in the area.

Thanks all again!

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFBrian2002 View Post
    ...but it will work on propane at those temps.....
    I never thought about running the frig on the propane side. During the winter we are always on 50amp. I have learned to put a light bulb in the back to keep things warmer in really cold weather.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Propane is the only way to keep it cold going down the highway from point A to point B Dallas.

Where do you winter?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12