Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie - Looking at a Momentum 376TH

Hi Folks,

I'm Brian and I retired from the military in 2014. I'll warn you now, do not thank me for my service, a topic to debated some other time. Since retiring I've been traveling to Ketchikan, Alaska yearly to fish with a buddy. After researching RVs and methods of carting a motorcycle around for the last 4 years, I have finally decided that the Momentum 376th is the RV to meet my needs. I've looked at the regular type of toy haulers and don't like giving up 10-12 feet of trailer space to non-livable area. I've seen other manufacturers models over the years and saw how they have dealt with the problem of storing a motorcycle in an RV, from storage in a slide to a half toy hauler and half living space. I believe the 376TH is the best method I have come across so far.

I have considered an oregon tote and other lifting mechanisms to tag these to the rear above the bumper. I just didn't like how that exposed the motorcycle to the elements or added length to the truck/rv train.

In 2008 I bought a 2008 GL1800 that I have put 86k miles on. I returned to Alaska about a month ago from being in Tampa for a while. My first night up here my motorcycle was pushed over and the top case was broken open by a bear. Along with the top case ripped off, the right mirror and housing were damaged. I've cleaned up the bike from the 5k trip but I'll have to trailer the bike from here to the lower 48 to a place where I can work on it and not wait weeks on parts and pay a lot for shipping. The bear also opened up all four doors of my truck, but no damage was done to my 2014 Ram 3500 DRW.

In any case, I need to start finding good dealers and ask for a submission for a cash offer on a factory ordered 376th. I want some of the optional items that are not normally found on the usual suspects on the lots. I want the double paned windows and probably other odds and ends. Ideally I'd like to pick the RV up at the factory, but I am unsure if that can be done. If so, that would best allow fixing of problems before leaving the factory.

My timeline basically puts me in Ketchikan, Alaska by the beginning of next may with my new RV.

Any ideas, questions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Any must haves from the factory?

Thanks,

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Brian! We are on our second GD product and would never choose SOB! Our current is the 376 TH and we love it! We chose it for exactly the same reasons that you stated. The living space in this model is amazing! We did have the heat pump installed which adds the 3rd AC. Sounds like you are going to be spending a lot of time in Alaska so that may not be important for you. I think you are right in getting the double panned windows if Alaska is your spot. There are some other modifications that we have done on our own. You can't, as far as I know, pick your unit up from the factory. You have to go through a dealer. GD does not do direct sales. We bought both of ours at Colerain RV in Cincinnati, OH and had great service both times. Good luck and if there are any other questions you have, just post.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard and I can't argue with your choice. Around here finding a unit on the lot with dual pane windows is almost nonexistent. Maybe you will have a better chance in a northern state along the border.

Sorry to hear about your bear encounter. I travel with a Harley, but I have a 1975 GL1000 at home that I converted into a cafe racer. I figure you would appreciate that.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Welcome Brian! We are on our second GD product and would never choose SOB! Our current is the 376 TH and we love it! We chose it for exactly the same reasons that you stated. The living space in this model is amazing! We did have the heat pump installed which adds the 3rd AC. Sounds like you are going to be spending a lot of time in Alaska so that may not be important for you. I think you are right in getting the double panned windows if Alaska is your spot. There are some other modifications that we have done on our own. You can't, as far as I know, pick your unit up from the factory. You have to go through a dealer. GD does not do direct sales. We bought both of ours at Colerain RV in Cincinnati, OH and had great service both times. Good luck and if there are any other questions you have, just post.
    Allen/Sandi,

Thanks! I've looked at the options a few times. And the windows are a must have. I've looked at other options and I think I want most of them based on other post on FB pages.

- Goodyear G614
    - Dual Pane Windows
    - Back Up Camera - Is this any good or is there another system I should put on myself?
    - Awning Toppers
    - Full Body Paint
    - Rockford Fosgate Speakers
    - 3rd AC
    - Heat pump
    - Generator - I thought this was standard on them

The picture in the brochure I've downloaded seems to indicate a different seating for the two chairs that directly face the TV. I'm not seeing it in the options list.

I think I am going to nose around and try to find the standard list of must have aftermarket things to install on these things.

Also, I need to find a list of common problems for this model or brand so I can start working on a remediation plan.

Any help / direction is welcome!

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VonZoog,

Thanks for the welcome! I can appreciate anyone that rides any bike, especially long distance. I'd like to see your GL1000 conversion if you have posted somewhere?

Where you at in Delaware? I lived in Seaford for a few years.

Brian
    Last edited by AFBrian2002; 09-13-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Needed to attribute who I was responding too

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFBrian2002 View Post
    VonZoog,

Thanks for the welcome! I can appreciate anyone that rides any bike, especially long distance. I'd like to see your GL1000 conversion if you have posted somewhere?

Where you at in Delaware? I lived in Seaford for a few years.

Brian
    That's funny, I purchased the 376TH at Delmarva RV in Seaford. Our property is across the road from Killens Pond SP. I will PM you some pictures of the "original" GoldWing (1975).

A couple of things you should know. When ordering/purchasing a 376TH is that most of the options are not optional at all. Most are automatic if you want them or not. They all have a generator and 3rd AC. I think they are trying to state that the base price is low even though you can't find or buy a base model. You will have to add the Goodyears yourself. And remember, DO NOT pay MSRP. 25% off is doable.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    That's funny, I purchased the 376TH at Delmarva RV in Seaford. Our property is across the road from Killens Pond SP. I will PM you some pictures of the "original" GoldWing (1975).

You will have to add the Goodyears yourself. And remember, DO NOT pay MSRP. 25% off is doable.
    I lived on Hearns Pond Rd. Small world!

I hear you on the 25%. My intent is to wear out quite a few dealers to get the best price. Maybe I should also ping a RV dealer in the area these are made to try to eliminate the shipping costs or at least drive it down. I don't care where I buy it, it will be registered in Alaska within a few weeks of purchase and taxes and registration there are low.

Brian

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go Brian. I tried to send you more pics by PM but I could not do it. If you PM me you email address I can send you more if you like. I have some before and after shots.

Sorry, for the thread interruption.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2285.jpg   IMG_0285.jpg  
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL........................Please ignore the young man in the post. It was posted by mistake and I cannot figure out how to delete it. No that is not me.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian in our messaging back and forth I forgot to mention.....You'll also want to get the rollers welded on to the frame under the ramp door.....especially if you're going to take it up to Ak. I'm putting four, evenly spaced across the back on our 376TH this weekend.

Here's the link...... https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Fab-48-.../dp/B0085IK9UU

And awning toppers......so you don't have to climb up on the roof with a blower every time you're ready to move your rig. That's an option that we'll be doing.

Disc brakes......did I hear disc brake conversion? We're getting that done in just a few weeks.

OK, for everybody reading this and for all of you 376TH owners......giving credit where it's due.....Brian is the person that started the FB page for 376TH owners. So be sure to visit there today, also.....

https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesign376th/
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast