User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yearly maintenance

Coming up on 1 year full time. Taking month off to do admin tasks.Wondering if I should have dealer give my 303 RLS(new in 2016) a thorough inspection before we hit the road again. We have travelled over 30 thousand miles and had no issues.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are maintenance issues that need to be done periodically, such as checking roof for sealant cracks or gaps, all sealant areas on trailer, repacking and inspecting wheel bearings on trailer once a year or 12,000 miles, inspecting furnace and air conditioner exterior access for bug nests, etc. You need to lubrucate your slide out seals...and I'm sure some things I'm not thinking about right now. Some owners do these things faithfully, and some do not. It's good practice to keep up on maintenance items though. There are lists out there, as well as your owners manual that will give direction.

Most of these items are easy to inspect and repair if necessary. But if you are unable to do these, then taking it to a service center would be a good idea. Some extended warranties require yearly inspections.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta ask, how did you manage that many miles in a year? Did you ever stop to enjoy a campfire! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reflection had 550 miles on it in delivery to the dealer. I moved it 140 miles over the Smokies. In 3 years, it has had maybe 5 miles out on it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice is to be diligent about your maintenance. Whatever works for you whether it be you checking and maintains all systems/appliances or taking it somewhere to be done. You may also be able to find a certified mobile RV tech to help out. I do take ours to the dealer once per year to keep the warranty intact which includes them checking LP system, water heater, furnace, AC units, refrigerator, etc. Every trip I check the roof/roof sealant, AC & vent covers, skylights, window caulking, etc. I repack bearings/check brakes once per year or every 12K. Lube any wet bots on the axle springs every six months or so. I check the tires before each trip and inspect them for any issues at fuel stops (also using TPMS). I wash at least once per month either at home or at Blue Beacon on the road. I like PTFE lube by CRC for slide mechanisms and I use Thetford's rubber slide seal conditioner. I am always on the lookout for loose screws, etc. I keep dielectric grease handy for the umbilical cord plug, battery terminals, light bulbs, etc. I feel maintenance is critical for years of minimal trouble use of our RV. Considering we are towing at interstate speed over marginal roads it is remarkable that these rigs perform as well as they do! I hope this helps. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the files section has samples of maintenance checklists some of us create. Mine for my Momentum is 4 or 5 pages long. There's a lot that should have been done along the way, but if you've been on the road for 12 months and over 10k miles, I hope you've inspected and repacked the wheel bearings.

I am like jims94 in that I cannot imagine 30k miles in a year being a fun full-time experience. We've been on the road for 3 years and have pulled our rig 27,000 miles, but see a lot of the country along the way. You've missed a bunch....or are a much better man than I.[emoji33][emoji6]

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan - not sure what you mean by"files section", how do we access it?

Thx
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry - I was thinking of files in the Facebook group. I know several are uploaded there. I tried to put mine for my 380 in the "Reference" section here, but it has not appeared as yet. I've also tried to attach the pdf here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RV Maintenance Checklist.pdf  
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alan, I just approved your post in the reference library. I appreciate your contribution.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ednanpapi View Post
    Coming up on 1 year full time. Taking month off to do admin tasks.Wondering if I should have dealer give my 303 RLS(new in 2016) a thorough inspection before we hit the road again. We have travelled over 30 thousand miles and had no issues.
    Will take 5th wheel in for a thorough check out and definitely have bearings repacked.
    I misquoted my travel miles. We typically spend 4 to 9 days at each location and take day trips seeing local attractions. Our truck has close to 30k miles the 5th wheel little under 14k miles.
    West Texas in January 4 days, Florida Keys 9 days for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast