User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to me. Went to setting menu in tv and one of my kids had it on cable instead of antenna. Switched back and problem solved. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booster needs to be turned off

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bailer6334 View Post
    I'm on the road and pulled into a campground for the night. No cable, but they say they have 21 channels available via "AIR". Went to scan Channel, "AIR" Auto Scan with the booster on. TV found 65 RF CH but on "Total Found 0 (zero). The TV has worked in the past using this procedure.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    So, bailer7334, it’s been days sine you reported the problem. What happened? Fixed? Still broke? Operator error? Bad TV?

Curious minds want to know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    There are differences in tuners from brand to brand, and even within models and units themselves. It may be the tuner in the TV. We have one in the bedroom (a Haier 32D3000D) that picks up everything available. The Haier 48D3500C in the main living area won't pick up several channels with the same input signal at comparable levels. The 32D3000D in the garage gets all but one. I eventually want to replace them with some good Sony or other 4K.

As long as you have the booster set correctly, the cable plugged into the correct jack, and the TV set to on-air, then it should work. If not, may be a defective set.
    I also would add that you should check all of your coax connections. My issue was that after installing a Samsung TV in our bedroom, it would get quite a few more channels, and much better reception on the channels it did get, than the TCL in the living room. The reception issue was even evident on park cable. I had already checked and tightened all the connections I could find, behind the basement wall, at the booster and behind the living room tv, even going as far as bypassing the splitter behind the TCL that goes to the stereo. I just thought the TCL tuner was inferior to the Samsung and have been looking for a replacement.

After reading a post here about tv reception, it was pointed out that there was one more connection I needed to check. It is above the cloroplast liner, inside the frame rail behind the street side tires. It is a barrel connector for the living room tv. It was loose and after tightening, the TCL now gets all the same channels as the Samsung, with just as good reception. The connector was not hard to find or correct and I only had to remove 3 of the screws holding the liner up.

Just thought this might something you could check if you haven't already...
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to join in here, and we traded out the TCL tv last spring, but Bruce had the same problem when we went to a new locale. For us it was simply a matter of going into settings and assuring the “stupid” tv that we were willing to dump the old channels. Same thing, tv did the search, but wouldn’t set the new channels because it didn’t have permission to dump the old. (If it were truly smart, it would store them all, wouldn’t it?)
    N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always go for a bad coax connection somewhere. Air antenna worked great for a year then stopped. Disconnected and then reconnected the coax connection in the antenna itself on the roof. Back to normal with all my local stations. I think I have replaced every end in the rig. I have satellite , cable and air all working perfect. Next trip who knows...
    Tom
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go for a hike it's better for you anyway.......your camping no?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues with the TLC TV. Would tune channels but out of 30 maybe 6 would have picture but no sound. Was at a campsite that had decent wifi and I went to the firmware upgrade screen and did the upgrade. Now it works as designed. So maybe you need this??? its in settings.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12