Hello. My wife and I have been planning to be full-timers for 16 years now. We are now in our final five year plan. Meaning we are not full timers yet but plan to be within 5 years. While that may seem like a long time or way too early to be planning I don't believe it is. One, because I believe in planning and being prepared and two, because we're just so excited about it. We looked at campers for years and finally found the camper that fits everything we want. The Grand Design momentum 376 th. I've done so much studying and research on full timing and what to expect. The more I learn the more excited I get. It seems to me the biggest change we need to prepare for its the lifestyle change. But I'm actually looking forward to getting rid of all the useless materials things. The house and the garage that's all filled with stuff we don't need. Things we've gathered over the years. I simply cannot wait to be what I consider truly free. Let me tell you a little bit about us and our 5-year plan. My wife has a career in the military and has recently been reassigned to DC. There she'll be able to finish her career the way that she's wanted to with the rank that she's always wanted to finish at. This will also give her the retirement that is needed for us to be able to become full-timers. While she went to DC, I stayed home here at our house. I've stayed here to prepare the house to sell. So while she finishes her career and makes a retirement for us I have a whole house to remodel. It's a nice house but very dated and needs updated so that we can gain the most profit from it. Our plan relies on selling the house and using the profit to pay for in full the momentum 376 th and truck to pull it with. So as you can probably imagine the pressure is on to get this house done.
I look forward to reading about your adventures and anything else I may learn from. Maybe one day we'll see you out on the road.