Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hotels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotels

It would sure be nice if rooms could be provided for us full timers when our rig has to be in shop for a long time. Hotels sure make a big dent in Army pensions
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LC. Our trailer has been in the shop for two weeks now. We're staying in a KOA kabin which saves us a little over the cost of a hotel.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    LC. Our trailer has been in the shop for two weeks now. We're staying in a KOA kabin which saves us a little over the cost of a hotel.

Jim
    When I checked they had a message that none were available
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the extended warranties/service contracts allow for that? Thought they might but i am on information overload right now......just asking because this issue is important to us as well. Thinking Xtra/ryde........
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in a hotel for three nights while our trailer was repaired (leak from Bedroom Slide to basement). No reimbursement. The wort part, though, was leaving my wife and daughter at the hotel while I went to work. We picked an extended stay place because it was less expensive. The only other time I used one, many years ago, was to attend a manufacturer course from AT&T. Back then it was business people on extended assignments. Now, they are mostly people that got evicted from a regular apartment and have no where else to go. Won't do that again.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LC, check out the Elkhart Campground. They have some too.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, I checked all around, nothing open this weekend. Apple Fest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Do the extended warranties/service contracts allow for that? Thought they might but i am on information overload right now......just asking because this issue is important to us as well. Thinking Xtra/ryde........
    We have XtraRide with all the bells and whistles. We had some truck troubles while on a 4 week trip out West. Was stranded in Delta UT for 6 nights. I'll find out how good the coverage is when I submit our food and lodging receipts for reimbursement. Coverage is for up to 5 nights at up to $250 per night, plus repair costs. ( our towing and repair costs are covered under the Ford warranty).
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep us informed. Perfect scenario to see how well it works. Thanks and good luck.