Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadflorian View Post
    Based on personal inspections of units and feedback here and other forums, we are 99% set on GD. A rep from GD is supposed to contact me soon to explain that wording in the warranty. I will follow up here after that conversation.
    As a member of the Grand Design Facebook page, which a high executive from GD monitors and consults in. It has been clearly stated that full-time living does not void warranty. When I contact GD customer service for assistance I even state I full time live in RV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What everyone likes about GD is their service. What it seems like to me is that what they do when something goes bad is use common judgement to determine if that was something that really should have gone bad or not. In the case that it shouldn't have is to go ahead and fix it regardless if it's still under warranty or not. Would'nt this world be a better place if everyone did that.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't go with Grand Design, you can cancel your gym membership......you're get plenty of exercise kicking your own backside.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you will find that this is language to help distinguish this as a Recreational Vehicle, rather than a Manufactured Home. Manufactured Homes (aka trailer park trailers) have a detailed set of construction specifications mandated by Housing and Urban Development (HUD), while RV's do not. There was a kerfluffel a couple of years ago when the HUD rules were updated, and full timers were concerned that they would no longer be able to live in RV's. The definitions in the HUD rules are still a bit vague about when a trailer becomes a mobile home vs an RV, but everyone seems have developed an understanding about what is what, so getting a very specific definition is not a concern anymore.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed and Cathy K View Post
    If you don't go with Grand Design, you can cancel your gym membership......you're get plenty of exercise kicking your own backside.
    LOL! We are pretty well settled on either a 399TH or 397TH. Just waiting to be able to see a 399 in person for comparison. Then we'll likely special order so we can get all the extras.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly 2 hours and 19 minutes from first post, GD replied. AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-Up:

A sales rep got me in contact with her contact at GDRV in regards to the warranty. From that email:
    "I believe you were looking at an old copy of our warranties. Attached are our current warranty descriptions and I'm sure you'll find it to honor the "full time status.""

I reviewed the warranties, and they indeed DO remove the verbiage in regards to full-time living nullifying the warranty. They do still mention recreational and personal use, and that's fine. I would attach the documents here, but it appears there's no ability to do that. If anyone would like a copy, PM me and I can email them to you.

Thanks for all of the great feedback!
    -chad

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadflorian View Post
    LOL! We are pretty well settled on either a 399TH or 397TH. Just waiting to be able to see a 399 in person for comparison. Then we'll likely special order so we can get all the extras.
    We just picked up our 397TH 2 weeks ago tomorrow. We like the 397 over the 399 because most places we go the side patio is not useable because of trees and the best view from a campsite is usually out the passenger side windows and the kitchen and deck are on that side. Also my wife prefers the bed to be in the slide because it's easier to makeup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad,
    Great post and follow up. Thank you for doing the legwork for us. I sent you a PM.

I'm so impressed that GD responded to the thread so quickly. We were dead set on buying an Airstream until I happened to find out about GD. The one thing holding us back on the Airstreams was lack of quality control, excessive wait times to get brand new units fixed and the arm twisting it took to make it happen. Some posters on their owners forum were saying it was taking up to a year to get things resolved. Some even had to take it back to the factory to finally get things resolved. Total opposite of what we're hearing here on this owner's forum. We're sold on GD, now to finalize the model!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    Chad,
    Great post and follow up. Thank you for doing the legwork for us. I sent you a PM.

I'm so impressed that GD responded to the thread so quickly. We were dead set on buying an Airstream until I happened to find out about GD. The one thing holding us back on the Airstreams was lack of quality control, excessive wait times to get brand new units fixed and the arm twisting it took to make it happen. Some posters on their owners forum were saying it was taking up to a year to get things resolved. Some even had to take it back to the factory to finally get things resolved. Total opposite of what we're hearing here on this owner's forum. We're sold on GD, now to finalize the model!
    Wow.. that's horrible! Sounds like a company relying on it's popularity and ignoring customer service...

We've settled on the 397TH and hope to be placing our custom order this weekend! Gotta have the dual pane windows and full body paint!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12