Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new baby 2800bh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new baby 2800bh

We finally did it!!! Brought her home tonight! Was wondering what people did with the space behind the TV. We are short and can't reach back there. Also above the bed. We are Happy Campers

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats man! Think I am on my 5th week in mine and love every minute of it. I still do not have anything behind the TV. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djking909 View Post
    We finally did it!!! Brought her home tonight! Was wondering what people did with the space behind the TV. We are short and can't reach back there. Also above the bed. We are Happy Campers
    Don't know how different it is (we have a 26RL), but I keep the extra bed sheets and blankets over the bed. Stuff I don't have to get to very often, but still reachable by getting on the bed.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow... 2 2800BH's sold over the week-end.. this is awesome... Congrats!!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new Imagine! You could always get one of those claw grabbers to reach areas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am about ready to purchase a Rockwood with an identical floor plan but this 2800bh has had my attention for a year and I cannot get it off my mind. The Rockwood has a wardrobe slide which gives me more storage for the kid's stuff and I think a larger pass thru storage but overall, they are very similar. I have not been in the Imagine yet but have researched them extensively. Nobody has one locally so I cannot just pop in. Plus, I have only recently been looking to upgrade. Just curious if you looked at any other options before buying the Imagine and what your overall thoughts were on why you decided on the Imagine over them. Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmguarino View Post
    I am about ready to purchase a Rockwood with an identical floor plan but this 2800bh has had my attention for a year and I cannot get it off my mind. The Rockwood has a wardrobe slide which gives me more storage for the kid's stuff and I think a larger pass thru storage but overall, they are very similar. I have not been in the Imagine yet but have researched them extensively. Nobody has one locally so I cannot just pop in. Plus, I have only recently been looking to upgrade. Just curious if you looked at any other options before buying the Imagine and what your overall thoughts were on why you decided on the Imagine over them. Thanks for any input.

Jeff
    Oh my gosh, that was our story. I had my heart set on the Flagstaff with the wardrobe slide. We had a Shamrock Hybrid and LOVED it and never had any problems with it. After MUCH research this is why we went with the Grad Design. The Rockwood/Flagstaff windows only open about 3 inches. I know that it is so that you can have windows open during a rain but we like to have fresh air and really don't want to run the air conditioner full time. The Grand Design windows slide all the way open. The heat vents are in the floor in the Rockwood/Flagstaff. The Grand Design are in the walls. With grandkids and a dog, I was afraid of cut/stubbed toes and dog hair. Wardrobe slide was AWESOME but with the extra weight of the unit and us not full time campers I was willing to give that up. No bathroom storage in the Rockwood/Flagstaff and there is in the Grand Design. As far as the storage, I was afraid that we would lose storage with not having the cabinets above the sofa/dinette however, there is TONS of storage in the Grand Design. Actually, I have some cabinets with nothing in them. (yet Rockwood/Flagstaff does have the power stabilizer jacks, Grand design does not. Rockwood/Flagstaff does not allow a bike rack on the bumper or you void the warranty. Grand Design allows 250 pounds on the bumper without voiding the warranty. Grand Design bumper is welded to the frame and Rockwood/Flagstaff is not. AS far as kids storage, I purchased 2 under the bed storage boxes and they fit in the 2 dinette storage units perfectly for all of their toys, crafts and "stuff". There is also tons of storage behind the tv that I have put a pull out drawer unit for storage. Don't forget the whole storage under the bunks. As far as the outside storage, I can't really answer who's is bigger I just know that our zero gravity chairs fit in the storage so that it is plus. Rockwood/Flagstaff does come with a bumper mounted grill and Grand Design does not. We had the same grill on our Shamrock and honestly it was junk so that wasn't a deal breaker for us. The only thing that I don't really care for is the door in the bedroom in the Grand Design. The 2017 had a window there instead of the door. We will never use that door. We talked to our dealer sales Manager and the service manager about both companies. They are hands down Grand Design sold on quality. Last week when we picked it up and had our 3 hour walk through, the tech talked about how he too loves Grand Design. Now were we just getting snowed because we had just bought it. IDK but what I do know is at at this time I do not regret buying the Grand Design at all. Especially with the customer service that I just received this week.

Not sure where you are located but we are in Indiana and you are welcome to see ours.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured out behind the TV ! put our space heaters to the back (will probably cut a door in behind the TV) and a pull out drawer unit in front. Good to go! Working on the storage area above the bed. Maiden voyage this weekend!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the detailed information and offer take a look. I live in FL so that part won't work. I agree on all fronts. Bathroom storage, windows, open feel without storage over the dinette, floor vents, etc. I noticed all those things. I did not know that Imagine allowed anything on the bumper which is interesting. I have a Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS now and have been happy with it but looking for something a little bigger; especially on the bunks. One thing I do wish about the Imagine is that the under dinette storage was drawers which makes it easy to house little toys and games but I see how you resolved that. I agree on the bedroom door; not sure why they added a second door there either. I could see using it early morning to go outside and drink my coffee when everyone is still asleep but either door is going to make noise and potentially wake the kids up. I do get the sense from talking to Imagine owners and reading these forums that there is very little if any complaining going on about Grand Design. Although my experience in the past couple of years has been great on my Flagstaff, it is not hard to find people legitimately critical of Forest River. The Rockwood dealer is giving significantly better terms on trade which unfortunately has to be part of the overall decision. I am really close to delaying the decision, paying off my existing over the next 18-24 months, and buying a new Imagine. Something tells me that I would not have any regrets doing that. Thanks again for your prompt response and help in this tough decision.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmguarino View Post
    Thank you so much for the detailed information and offer take a look. I live in FL so that part won't work. I agree on all fronts. Bathroom storage, windows, open feel without storage over the dinette, floor vents, etc. I noticed all those things. I did not know that Imagine allowed anything on the bumper which is interesting. I have a Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS now and have been happy with it but looking for something a little bigger; especially on the bunks. One thing I do wish about the Imagine is that the under dinette storage was drawers which makes it easy to house little toys and games but I see how you resolved that. I agree on the bedroom door; not sure why they added a second door there either. I could see using it early morning to go outside and drink my coffee when everyone is still asleep but either door is going to make noise and potentially wake the kids up. I do get the sense from talking to Imagine owners and reading these forums that there is very little if any complaining going on about Grand Design. Although my experience in the past couple of years has been great on my Flagstaff, it is not hard to find people legitimately critical of Forest River. The Rockwood dealer is giving significantly better terms on trade which unfortunately has to be part of the overall decision. I am really close to delaying the decision, paying off my existing over the next 18-24 months, and buying a new Imagine. Something tells me that I would not have any regrets doing that. Thanks again for your prompt response and help in this tough decision.
    I was told that they put the door in so if the parents wanted to say outside later or get up earlier that they wouldn't have to walk past the bunks. It does make sense but I still wish for the door. Well.... guess you seeing ours is out of the questions huh???? I would be happy to take any pictures for you and send them to you. I am sorry that your dealer won't deal with you on the grand design. Our was awesome. Paid ours off, (only had it for 4 years) came down over 10K off msrp. Heck, our payment is less now than it was.... Is the rockwood/flagstaff already on the lot that they are trying to move? If you would e-mail Grand Design they could tell you approximately when would be delivered to your area. That is what I did and they were only 2 days off. I think that critical people are more likely to take the time to post the negative things than the satisfied ones. Society has can of turned that way!