Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable Gas Grill Siggestion?

I am looking for a good grill to take with us. What suggestions do you have and does anyone connect it to the on-board gas for cooking?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Cabela's stainless steel table top. It's been very sturdy, for several years now. Yes, I use a hose and connect it to the extra tank. I can usually sit it on the campsite picnic table.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using the Coleman NXT Voyager Portable Grill from CW for a couple of years now and connected it to the low pressure LP fitting on my soon to be sold Winnebago motor home. The downside to using the RV LP fitting is that the grill has to be within a few feet of the RV for the 10' hose to reach. This requires me to set up a folding table next to the RV just to use the grill, which can be a pain. Other than that, it works OK. The Coleman grill is nothing to write home about, but has been reliable, lights every time, and doesn't go out.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...le-grill/69323

For the GD travel trailer I am getting, I decided to skip the connection to the RV LP fitting and use a 5# portable tank that I've had for years. I will be buying the Weber Q1200 portable grill (in blue) and setting it up on the picnic table.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00RFXRX...=2ZTE88ANFF461

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a stainless steel tabletop grill bought at Costco. I had a 15' hose made that attaches to my on board quick connect fitting underneath my outside kitchen. It works great and I don't need to carry those expensive throw away LP cylinders.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Cabela's stainless grill as well. Surprisingly, it works just as well connected to the 5'ers low pressure line as if having one of the throw away bottles attached. I say surprised because I figured the gas pressure would be too low to get a good flame, but it works just fine with a 10 foot hose with a quick connect fitting to the Reflection.
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a portable Coleman grill and connect to the RV's LP system. The grill we have has a built in stand and is two burner. Folds down and fits easily in the basement. Sorry can't remember the model name. Bought at Amazon. One of the reviews someone had done had all of the instructions on what to do to convert for use with the RV with photos. Made it easy. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are very satisfied with our table top Napoleon.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    We use a portable Coleman grill and connect to the RV's LP system. The grill we have has a built in stand and is two burner. Folds down and fits easily in the basement. Sorry can't remember the model name. Bought at Amazon. One of the reviews someone had done had all of the instructions on what to do to convert for use with the RV with photos. Made it easy. Good luck!
    We have the same thing as RVRunners I think. Ours is a Coleman Roadtrip XL?? We also hook it to a quick connect on the trailer. This week I need to add a quick connect at the rear where I found a connection with a plug in it. Up to now I've been using our connection mid trailer, with a 12 foot hose, but it's a bit too close to the entry door with any smoke from the BBQ.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem with running anything off of the quick connect on the trailer is that you have to have a BBQ / Stove or what ever that is designed to be used that way !! For me I didn't like any BBQ's that were made to be used that way !! But that is just my opinion !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this from Sams and changed hose to 10 ft quick connect from amazon for direct RV connection.
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/portab...td:product:1:7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast