Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we will be picking up our 2018 2800bh on Saturday!
    Cornwall, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 Reflection 308BHTS in Courtice, ON.

This is our 3rd summer and rarely saw GD products in Ontario for the first 2 years. This summer we were on holidays in Cornwall / Gananoque / Picton areas and all 3 campgrounds I ended up with GD rigs beside us. Quite atypical.
    2015 Reflection 308BHTS
    2017 GMC Sierra 1500, Crew Cab Standard Box, 6.2L, Max Tow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about a park in Nova Scotia that might have room, Sunnyvale I think it is. Might be mostly manufactured homes, but I hear they let people live in sheds too, so I'd expect some nice trailers would be welcome.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all, we have been trailering a 2015 Reflections 303 for 3 yrs now. We have just ordered a 2018 303. We love the trailer but like the larger fridge and other upgrades in the 2018. We are originally from Ontario but have happily lived in the Vancouver area for 25 yrs now. We have seen a number of Grand Design products around BC. last week we had a 303 pull in right beside us. Looking forward to the new trailer sometime in late November.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, we are from Ontario and became GD owners in May of this year. We also purchased from the dealer in Orillia. We met several GD owners from Ontario at the recent Goshen GD rally and almost all of them purchased their unit from the Orillia dealer.
    Bill and Debbie
    2017 Ford F350 6.7L
    2017 Solitude 384GK
    2003 Sunline F311 - sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Tom,
    BTW . . . it would make a lot of sense to make this a Michigan/Ontario Rally, if we can get such a thing going .

Rob
    I like it!!!
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tip . . . I will check into this. BTW . . . it would make a lot of sense to make this a Michigan/Ontario Rally, if we can get such a thing going .

Rob
    Hey Rob, would you let a Buckeye in ? ? ? ?
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool One of the first in Canada #1067

Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    I've been camping for years but have only recently seen any Grand Design trailers in Canada but today I saw a Refection 303.

I thoughts I'd ask who of you out there are fellow Canadians and I'm especially interested hearing from those of you from Ontario.

Where are you from? What GD trailer do you pull.

I'm from Ontario, Canada and pull a 2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL.
    Hi Bruce & Everyone!

We purchased our 2014 Solitude 369RL (their flagship) on November 11, 2013 in Orilla. That was the closest Ontario dealer at the time to where we live in Greely, Ontario, just 10 minutes South of the Ottawa International Airport. No RV dealer will repair our trailer in Ottawa since we did not buy it from them but there were no dealers near our city which was a problem. However, Grand Design RV agreed to us having it serviced at a local 45 minutes from home because the selling dealer was a 7 hour drive making it impractical or unrealistic to get to, if it was not towable. Now there are three dealers closer. 1 on the 4011 near Gananoque, and 2 near Cornwall, although not sure the latter ones can repair the "big boys".

It used to be we almost never saw a Grand Design RV and slowly they started appearing on the roads and in campgrounds and now its not uncommon to see 3 Grand Design RVs in a campground!

The numbers are still lagging behind in Canada, but with the Reflection and Imagine line, I expect to see more RVs in Canada. Its always the size and mostly the pesky exchange rate making it difficult for Canadians.

This is actually our 2nd RV. Our 1st was a Cedar Creek that was a lemon. So we traded it in for our Solitude and never looked back. Grand Design RV provided better service than Cedar Creek ever did. We just had a hitch welded on at the GD RV Rally by Lippert so we could get the the YAKUPS, vertical kayak rack.

We have learned so much since we started Rving in 2010 and especially going to th Gran Design RV Owner's Rallys. I would love to have a rally in Ontario.

See you around sometime.

Aaron
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I know Rob (Cate&Rob) is from Ontario. In fact we're in your beautiful country visiting them in the Thousand Islands area right now.

Jim
    Jim, not sure if you're still here. We're off to the Thousand Islands area in a couple of days. Maybe we'll cross paths along the way.
    Bruce, we live just north of Toronto. Three years ago we rarely saw any Grand Design trailers. Now I see them every time we go out.
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    Bruce, we live just north of Toronto. Three years ago we rarely saw any Grand Design trailers. Now I see them every time we go out.
    Bob
    That's a good sign, although it is nice being a little different in a good way.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast