User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mods have begun 337RLS

OK, so now our 337 is 3 weeks old, I installed the Progressive HWS50C hardwired EMS unit and carpeted the basement floor. I put the EMS in behind the wall in the basement, very easy install after removing the electrical panel and the basement walls, what a spaghetti factory of wires and pipes behind there! Picked up a 6ft piece of 50amp cable from Lowes, as others have commented those wires are a booger to work with! Haven't mounted the display yet but plan on putting it on the panel above the electrical center right where you come in the door. While I was under there I got the shop vac and cleaned up all the sawdust, wire clippings and what not left behind from the build. Also picked up a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet, took up the edging and loosened the compartment by the door, cut the carpet to size and installed it under all of the trim.
    (don't know why the pics are sideways, I even tried rotating them to no avail)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4181.jpg   IMG_4182.jpg   IMG_4184.jpg   IMG_4185.jpg   fullsizeoutput_6b4.jpg  

Rick & Linda
    2018 Silverado 3500 High Country
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm expecting the installation of the EMS in my 297RSTS to be a bit of a challenge. While I have not taken delivery yet, or had a chance to take anything apart, the power cord enters the RV along the side, mid-ship. There are not any storage bays in that area to mount the EMS. The power panel is under the hutch, and I have a feeling it is pretty crowded in that area. I'll see once I can start ripping and tearing. Also will be installing solar, inverter, SAT antenna (Winegard Traveler most likely), audio system, 4G WiFi hotspot, ...

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick & Linda View Post
    OK, so now our 337 is 3 weeks old, I installed the Progressive HWS50C hardwired EMS unit and carpeted the basement floor. I put the EMS in behind the wall in the basement, very easy install after removing the electrical panel and the basement walls, what a spaghetti factory of wires and pipes behind there! Picked up a 6ft piece of 50amp cable from Lowes, as others have commented those wires are a booger to work with! Haven't mounted the display yet but plan on putting it on the panel above the electrical center right where you come in the door. While I was under there I got the shop vac and cleaned up all the sawdust, wire clippings and what not left behind from the build. Also picked up a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet, took up the edging and loosened the compartment by the door, cut the carpet to size and installed it under all of the trim.
    (don't know why the pics are sideways, I even tried rotating them to no avail)
    The reason your pictures are sideways is because you are turning your phone sideways when you take the picture !! I know it looks right on your phone but on some forums the pictures you take sideways will show up sideways !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sptrucksbyed View Post
    The reason your pictures are sideways is because you are turning your phone sideways when you take the picture !! I know it looks right on your phone but on some forums the pictures you take sideways will show up sideways !!
    I will try that out, thanks for letting me know.
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Nice work!
    Thank you!
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! I installed the same one. Put my display to the right of the water controls in the basement. Thought it would be easier to look at when I've just plugged in.
    I just added a third light switch inside below the hutch next to the two existing switches. It drove me nuts to have to open the cabinet door to turn on the overhead lights. We use them quite a bit when cooking.
    Ron & Sue
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    2011 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_ster View Post
    Looks good! I installed the same one. Put my display to the right of the water controls in the basement. Thought it would be easier to look at when I've just plugged in.
    I just added a third light switch inside below the hutch next to the two existing switches. It drove me nuts to have to open the cabinet door to turn on the overhead lights. We use them quite a bit when cooking.
    Thanks Ron, I still haven't mounted my display yet, I did see where someone had purchased a splitter and had a display at the water control panel and another inside, kind of a neat idea also. We too are looking to do something like your light switch upgrade, don't like having to open the door to turn them on and it's always dark there too!
    Rick & Linda
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS