User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent the day doing tests. I lowered the ball one notch (to the center hole). This made the nose slightly low. The chucking stopped but the light steering feel was still there. It made towing a two hand job.
    I then installed the B&W Companion. I set the pin at 1" forward of the rear axle. I took it for a test run and the steering was several times tighter and felt way better- it felt like when not towing. Doing my test run, it rode smoother and handled the wind and bumps better.

Since I bought this truck I have been fighting towing issues. I have added Bilstein shocks on the rear, air bags and then Super springs and bought a new RV! Come to find out it was the AUH all along! When they say it only slightly unloads the front axle, this isn't a big deal if you have a heavy truck with a 1000 lb diesel engine in the bay. Take a light F150 with an aluminum block 3.5 L engine and take weight off the front and it's a big deal! Night and day difference between the two hitches

I called Andersen and the rep knew nothing about using the AUH in an aluminum F150. He said an engineer would call me. I will post here what he tells me.

My issue now is that I can't use the rotating pin box on the 220rk with the Companion because it's a single point attachment. I would have to remove the B&W turnover ball hitch. Weld up all of the holes, patch the bedliner, and then install a set of rail and buy another hitch.
    What a nightmare! I will have to do some testing to see what kind of angle I can get with the pin box locked
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JDF - Awesome looking rig! I just put in an order today for a 2018 F150 HDPP - once it gets delivered and I see what the payload rating is, I will make a decision on the GD 5er to tow with it. I have definitely been checking out the 150 Series!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I was afraid I would have to remove the chaise lounge and add a sleeper sofa but it does become a large enough bed for my fishing buddy. More pixs in the next few posts.
    The axles are now Dexter and that's a relief.

Attachment 9794Attachment 9795Attachment 9796
    Thanks for posting. I went with the 230RL instead and picked it up last week. I like the photos you posted but would love to see one of the rear kitchen if you wouldn't mind posting one.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald,

What about locking the pin box and using a Companion single point attachment slider hitch ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Donald,

What about locking the pin box and using a Companion single point attachment slider hitch ?

Rob
    Thanks Rob, that is an option and would be probably cheaper and better than removing hitches and welding up the aluminum bed. It does weigh 287 lbs but not that much different than the Companion non slider at 206 lbs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JDF - how does having a single 15K BTU air conditioner handle the texas heat? I assume it is sufficient given the lower square ft. than your 29RS. Also, can you validate that the 220RK comes with an auto leveler?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctdecuir View Post
    JDF - how does having a single 15K BTU air conditioner handle the texas heat? I assume it is sufficient given the lower square ft. than your 29RS. Also, can you validate that the 220RK comes with an auto leveler?
    Hi

The 150 series do not come with the auto leveling system. I did not want that system anyway because I hit the rear jacks three time on my 29rs.

When I brought the RV home it was about 90 degrees and humid. I parked in the direct sun and turned on the a/c. I didn't time it but it seemed to take about an hour to cool it down to 78 degrees. I did finally put the awning out which shades 2/3's of the coach which made a big difference.
    I think the single 15k will handle this RV most of the time. If it's going to be one of those 100 degree days I think finding a shady spot would be wise as would leaving the a/c on all day if not traveling. I did not get the dual pane windows on this RV. My 29rs does have them but I still have Reflectix between the shades and window glass on that RV and will carry it with me on this one. I stick velcro around the window and on the Reflectix. I can take it up and down as needed.
    The 29rs has a large skylight above the kitchen island. Great in the winter but not the summer. I have Reflectix across it and also over the rest of the skylights and vent covers.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, JDF! Extremely helpful - I will make sure and check out the Reflectix.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctdecuir View Post
    Thanks, JDF! Extremely helpful - I will make sure and check out the Reflectix.
    If you have any more questions let me know

Donald aka JDF

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely will and thanks for the help! As you are well aware, Texas heat/humidity is difficult to overcome - especially in July/August. Being in a hot RV doesn't sound like much fun...

Chad aka Ctdecuir

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast