User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not have satellite nor do we need it, but I see others having to adjust sites based on where their dish is located on the rig. If I ever go to a sat service, I'd use a portable dish because of the flexibility they offer.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I try to look at Google Maps and see what sites will work for the dish as well. Again, if I have a few days without due to trees, it's not a huge deal.
    You should try DishPointer.com.

I do the same thing you do to find sites that I believe will work. With this site you choose the satellite that you want, fill in an address, and it will show the direction the dish will point. You can drag the pointer right to a campsite to see if you think it will work.

I have used it many times for campgrounds that I have never been to.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Anyone done or have any suggestions on where would be the best location to mount a automatic satellite dish on the roof?
    On my Solitude 369, I mounted it over the hall cabinet so the wires are hidden with easy access to power.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Ed and Karen Lester
    2014 Solitude 369RL #889
    2014 Ford F350 Super Crew Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at all the options. We ended up switching to DISH so we could use a Wingard Pathway X2. I have used it on the past 4 outings. Each time we went we would not have been able to get a signal if the unit was roof mounted. Having the option to set the dish 20-30 feet out in the clear to get a signal was ideal. I set the dish out there, turn on the receiver and let it scan. In ten minutes or so we have HD TV. Living in the southeast I make a list of the best campsites in all the parks we go to. One of the highest priorities is SHADE!!! Shade trees block satellite service so having the ability to move the dish around to get a signal was a must.
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I have the Winegard trav'ler on mine. I mounted it between the front and rear AC's. I used the vent pipe to get the wires down from the roof. Haven't had any issues with trees yet, but if I do, it's really not a deal breaker as I do have other options for TV. I went with the current setup because I wanted HD. I have been the route with a manual aim dish and a tailgater automatic before. Manual was always a chore to get on the HD birds and of course the other had no HD for DirecTV. When given site choices, I try to look at Google Maps and see what sites will work for the dish as well. Again, if I have a few days without due to trees, it's not a huge deal.
    I'm pretty much of the same mind. We have the Winegard Trav'ler and really like that it tracks three different satellites at the same time and that it's all automatic.....the push of a button. I've posted a number of photos in the past 1,700 miles where we're surrounded by trees but because there aren't trees at the front end of the space, next to the driveway and the fact that we had our dish installed at the very front of the roof is the reason that we've not had an issue. HD all the time on all three TVs and can watch three seperate channels at the same time sure gets us spoiled. If we ever do have a problem, we have plenty of movies and programs recorded that'll keep us busy for a week or two.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few pics of the install and brackets to hold the control and power supply.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_073836_resized.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	9839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_073847_resized.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	9840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_073950_resized.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	9841
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like someone wacked your King Jack off.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12