Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Full Timing in a Solitude 375?

Just curious if anyone is full timing in a 375 RE? My wife and I are looking into full timing and the layout and storage caught our attention.

Wayne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am full timing in a Solitude 375 res. It's the same as the re except it has a raised living room. We absolutely love it. Its only problem is it has a lot of storage but limited carrying capacity. You have to watch how much you load on it because it is very easy to over load. We have most everything we need on board but we are right at its max GVW. The 375 comes with 7K lb axles so I am going to swap them out with 8K lb units to give it a little cushion. Other than that it is the perfect full time rig IMHO

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the pin weight. Looks high. Do you try to weigh the rear down more?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there is so much rear storage it is easy to balance out the trailer and keep the pin weight in check. That being said the 375 is a big heavy trailer and as you load it up the pin weight goes up as well. My pin weight is at 3400 lbs I'm within 200 lbs of my GAWR and 480 lbs of my max tire load. You will have to be really careful how you load it if you have a SRW tow rig.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We saw that unit at the Indiana Rally three weeks ago. Large unit with lots of storage. Beautiful camper. Can't imagine towing that one with anything other than a DRW truck.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    We saw that unit at the Indiana Rally three weeks ago. Large unit with lots of storage. Beautiful camper. Can't imagine towing that one with anything other than a DRW truck.
    I was at Hershey two years ago when I was first displayed and tried to make it work with SRW 1 ton but just couldn't figure a way to say under my GVWR. I saw several cat scales weights on the Facebook page and they were falling between 3500 and 3800 wet pin weight. I measured it and I think I could get my Cricket Golf cart on the rear slide out tray which would offset some since it weights 310 pounds. We ended up buy a 310GK and still exceeded the my GVWR and didn't have the Oman generator (300 pounds) or washer and dry (200 pounds) installed or any solar that we planned on installing.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that the DRW doesn't affect the pin weight that much but not sure. I have an SRW so maybe I should look for another rig?

Wayne

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be full timing in our 375 when we take delivery next week.
    Jeff & Laurie
    Him: US Army Aviator and DoD Consultant -- Retired
    Her: Certified Residential Appraiser
    Auggie (our beer-loving English Cocker Spaniel)
    Angus (55 pounds of attitude in a 5 pound chihuahua body)
    Full timing in Rockport, Texas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been full time since August 2008. We picked up our 375RE back in June. So far it's been working out fine. I tow using an F-450 to allow sufficient GVWR and GCWR. But With that much storage you really need to take care that you do not exceed your trailer weight limits. Full timers tend to run heavy,

I will be taking off those cheap Chinese tires before our spring trip and replacing them with a good set of LR/H tires. Still considering going to MorRyde for IS suspension and disc brakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to my comment above, my only complaints about this unit are:

* all but the bathroom and bedroom light switches are in a cabinet on the side of the Hutch, by the entrance door.
    * if that cabinet door is opened too far, it will hit the Fantastic Fan switch and turn in on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast