User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need suggestions on Rocky Mt National Park

Thinking about a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park next May or June. Need advice from those who live in the area or have visited recently. We like to base camp and leave the 5th wheel for extended day trips of about 100 miles . I need some advice on where the best RV parks are without traveling steep mountain passes. I would think the area around Estes park would provide very good accessibility to the national park.

Our trip to Colorado/Utah in June of this year left us with a strong desire to plan for next year. I had spent hours on the Internet researching RV parks and attractions. It all worked out so well that I realize good planing and having suggestions from others certainly help. Suggestions or knowledge appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LTT - we were in Estes for a few days in 7/2016 and stayed at Mary's Lake CG. Rather than go over all the details again, here are a couple threads with considerable information and pictures to help in your research/decision making. Let me know if questions after your review and I will help with what I know:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ighlight=estes
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ighlight=estes

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were out there two years ago. Stayed at a very nice campground called Tiger Run in Breckinridge. Beautiful area. We day tripped to Rocky Mountain National Park. We entered the park in Estes. There is a campground in Estes also. We stayed at Tiger Run to save on pulling 5th wheel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Spruce Lake RV Park in Estes this past summer for 5 nights. It's an OK place and a good campground to operate out of if you want to spend a lot of time at Ricky Mtn Nat'l Park. But you'll encounter a good pull up to Estes Park. It isn't the worst grade one can encounter; there are many turns and mostly one lane up and down. Well worth the trip up if you like hiking and mountain sightseeing.

You'll also encounter a long steep grade up to Breckenridge to Tiger Run. We've been there too. It's a nice place.

Dakota Ridge in Golden, CO may offer an alternative. No steep grades but tighter camp sights. But is is a a well kept nice park and convenient to many locations.

You can probably expect snow at the higher elevations in May and June. But unless there is some kind of late spring snow it should be a great time to go.

Enjoy your trip.