Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Furion oddity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furion oddity

Hi All

I know all the problems people have with the Furion system but for the most part its fine for us. We don't watch much TV so its really not worth replacing it, at least not yet.

I've noticed an odd thing & I'm wondering if anyone elese has experienced it. If so, did you fix it?

I connect my IPhone via Bluetooth to it for music and it works as it should. (And yes I did upgrade the crummy ceiling speakers a long time ago But on occasion it is interrupted by a ear piercing continuous beep, similar to a cheap smoke alarm. If I switch it to the radio it stops, but if I go back to Bluetooth, same beeping sound. The only way to stop it is to pull the fuse for a few seconds.

I thought it may have something to do with the power because the first time it happened was when we briefly lost power, but I honestly don't know.

Maybe its just Furion junk, hoping someone can offer some insight.

Thanks
    Bob
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS
    2023 Ford F350 CCLB 6.7 Diesel w/B & W Companion 3300 hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, funny you brought this up today. On our last trip the Bluetooth stopped working. It wouldn’t even show up on our phones as an option. Preparing for a short trip in a couple days, I went out to try the Bluetooth again. The only to get the Bluetooth to sho up on our phones, was to turn the 50 amp way amp main trailer power and the battery kill switch so that the radio went dark. Then I turned it back on and it worked. I guess it reset something. I did the same thing a day prior. We’ll see if it continues to work.

And...I did hear at least one beep at some point. Sounded like a microwave or smoke alarm beep. I looked around and never found the source. Maybe it was the Furrion.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly the sound I'm getting Steve, but continuous...and an aggravation. thx
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That furion dvd player is junk. The one in our garage died and the one in the main area seems like it is lacking in quality and wont play blue-ray. We ended up swapping the TV for a Samsung Smart TV and dvd player, and we added a soundbar w/ subwoofer. The soundbar has a bluetooth connection that we can use to play music with our phones. Sounds way better than those speakers in the ceiling and we dont get any extra beeps while using it. Even if you dont change your TV, a soundbar can still be added.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    That furion dvd player is junk. The one in our garage died and the one in the main area seems like it is lacking in quality and wont play blue-ray. We ended up swapping the TV for a Samsung Smart TV and dvd player, and we added a soundbar w/ subwoofer. The soundbar has a bluetooth connection that we can use to play music with our phones. Sounds way better than those speakers in the ceiling and we dont get any extra beeps while using it. Even if you dont change your TV, a soundbar can still be added.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea I agree. I replaced those shameful ceiling speakers w/ JBL’s the first week we had the RV. Very pleased with them. I might still pull the Furion and add a sound bar just to get a decent Bluetooth connection.
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ceiling speakers have been on my to do list for a while. I have not even bothered to pull one out yet. What size are people replacing them with?
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
    The ceiling speakers have been on my to do list for a while. I have not even bothered to pull one out yet. What size are people replacing them with?
    I bought 6 1/2” JBL speakers and Iit was a 5 minute swap. Only thing I needed was longer wood screws then came with them. I bought them at Best Buy for $99. Very pleased with them It’s a black grill with some silver, I was hesitant at first to use them against the White ceiling. But they actually look great
    Bob & Donna - Maryland
    2017 303 RLS