User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul,

Just catching up to this thread. This is putting a really big dent in what was a great week . You have legitimate cause to invoke the "lemon law" legislation in the US. I would suggest that you escalate this now rather than later . . . what else do you have to do while you are waiting ? Call your selling dealer and ask to talk to their GM regional service manager. Reiterate the number of times you have had this in for the same problem and make it clear that if this is not fixed, they get to buy back the truck. The fact that it is at a GM Canada dealer is not an issue . . .it is the same company.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow Paul! Wishing you the best for a quick and complete fix to get you back on the road soon!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sorry to hear you had those problems at all let alone here in Canada and so close to the border. All the vehicles and especially heavy duty trucks and parts are allocated to the USA first and then to Canada.

3 ideas come to mind.
    1) Since your so close to the USA, get towed to the nearest USA dealer.
    2) Call GMC and try to get your priority bumped up to expedite the parts. ask them to look at the trouble you have been having with the new trip. they can track your service issues on the computer at all those dealers you've been to.
    3) call your selling dealer back home and see if they can get with the dealer your at to expedite the parts.

You will find that campgrounds close around this time of year even in Northern USA due to normally cold temperatures at this time of year. Consider yourself lucky that its extreme hot and not extreme cold because that would be worse for you. Normally the closest campground to Montreal Quebec or Ottawa Ontario that stays open all year is Hershey, PA near the I-81. Not sure about the I-95 but that area is normally cold so I wouldn't expect to find open campgrounds there until well South. Start checking the internet for campgrounds that will be open late in the season on your planned route. If not, the Flying J's & Pilots or any truck stop will be your safest place for the nights.

Watch the weather and plan your route. This hot weather is highly unusual and can be deceiving because when it starts to get cold, it can happen fast, especially in the mountain regions and then you will have ice and snow.

Hope you have better luck
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Wow, good luck. This brings to mind something i was part of when i had my Vmax motorcycle. I joined a club called the VMOA which stood for Vmax owners association. One of the perks was a booklet (list) of some kind showing members in different states and who offered a place to stay, towing, tools etc. Maybe this can be done here as well. The few folks i have met in person are extremely nice and helpful. Those i have yet to meet on the site are the same. It is great to be able to look out for each other. Maybe a sub forum for people in an area they are not familiar with and can ask for help? Just a thought....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about other states but here in Michigan there are plenty of campgrounds open into November. A lot are state parks but there are plenty of them. Some are open all year. I bet you would find the same thing in all the northern states due to the fact a lot of people love fall camping especially with the fall color.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy the trouble you are having with your truck sounds like it could have something to do with the DEF system. If you read your manual it will talk about these type of problems. When it tells you to keep driving it is because the truck is going through a regen process. The limp mode happens when you are out of DEF fluid and have been for some time.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DEF and regen process (relating to the DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter/exhaust filter) are likely culprits. Both are emissions related, and the government mandates that the truck be crippled if there are issues.

The only way to know for sure is to have a code reader and a source to obtain the definition of the code. The Insight CTS I mentioned before will give you that, and a quick internet search can clarify the definition if needed. The dealer SHOULD be able to provide the codes they pulled (if they figured out that OBDII port), which would be really helpful when calling GMC.

Just one other thought about this, how many of us that have trucks with "modern" emissions systems have considered what they will do in a major emergency where dealer support may be weeks or months away?
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the DEF has done nothing to help with the pollutants yet they still mandate that it be used.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me if I recall correctly from a couple years ago communications, Rob was part of or lead an engineering team that designed the GM DEF system or part(s) of it.........Rob ? This may explain why Rob drives and has a HUGE appreciation for his V6 Ford gasser.........some things you need to share with us GM guys Rob ? (LOL)

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paul, sorry for the dropped phone call today. I can probably make it to you some time next week if they haven't got it fi,ed and we can rent a flatbed trailer to get you to a large U.S. repair facility.

Jim

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast