User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
    Second that. Have pulled a 2017 Reflection 307MKS using an AUH about 5K miles with a 2017 F-350 short bed with bed side rails for a roll-up tonneau cover. With hitch mounted in standard position there is ample cab clearance and plenty of leeway for angled hook-ups. I store leveling boards on each side of the hitch, which also serve to prevent hitch movement. Happy so far. Attachment 9967
    Let me add another vote for the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. I have the coupler mounted in the optional reverse position to aid in side rail clearance. We can get at least 75 degrees angle when backing up.

It's SOOOO easy to remove, even my 60 lb grandson can remove or install it by himself.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NWMN, I just picked up my 28BH last week. The color scheme has changed to darker colors than early 2018 models. I liked the lighter colors but it wasn't enough to deter me from getting it.

I have a 2017 Ram 3500 mega cab (6' 4" bed) with Ramboxes and went with the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. Lots of clearance all around and pulled great on my 2 hour drive home from the dealership.

In the previous post I forgot to mention that I had to raise the ball to the highest position and flip the adapter around like Jerry to get the clearance I felt I needed to my bed rails. I went with the rail mount version because I felt it offered me the greatest flexibility for the price.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170922_171449.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	9969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170922_171511.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	9970
    Last edited by jasonl78; 09-28-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added some missing information and a few pictures

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you aware of the interior color change before completing the purchase. Going from lighter to darker wood work is a pretty significant change. One in which my wife would of put the big Kibosh on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Were you aware of the interior color change before completing the purchase. Going from lighter to darker wood work is a pretty significant change. One in which my wife would of put the big Kibosh on.
    We were not aware of the color change. After seeing some pictures posted online from the dealership, it made me nervous for the very exact reason you mentioned. I feared that after months of negotiating and trying to find a unit like this in MN, that my wife would axe the deal because of the color. She liked the other color better but because I think she wanted the camper, she didn't put up too much fuss about it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another example of how the RV industry takes their customer base for granted. It's one thing to introduce the new model year RV's and have these kind of changes; I think most of us would expect things to change from year to year. But to be shopping a 2018, seeing what is offered, ordering one and upon receipt, finding that the interior colors have all changed is BS. It's not as if the cabinet color change was a last minute decision by GD. I'm sure that had to be in the works for months. One just doesn't have hundreds of light and dark colored cabinets sitting around in back room.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F250 6 3/4 Ft. Bed--B&W 16k Patriot hitch. Impeccable quality and workmanship. Breaks in half for easy removal in 2 seconds. And it is capable for handling any Reflection trailer for a fair price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that trailer get the Anderson Ultimate Hitch. Adds very little to you payload.
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD CC Diesel 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sales person said it would void my factory warranty if I went with the Anderson Ultimate....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    The sales person said it would void my factory warranty if I went with the Anderson Ultimate....
    I had not heard that before. Color me skeptical. I see no basis for it to void the warranty.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
    That's B.S. and proves the salesperson doesn't know what an Andersen (spelled with an "e") hitch really is. They think it's a gooseneck adapter - which will void your Lippert frame warranty - whereas the Andersen only attaches to the truck bed with a gooseneck ball (and that's only one model of the Andersen). THE ANDERSEN ULTIMATE IS NOT A GOOSENECK HITCH! Dozens of us have pulled GD fifth wheels with Andersen hitches with the full knowledge of Grand Design. Statements like that from ignorant (or dishonest) sales people really upset me!

OK... I'm calming down, now...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast