User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 5th wheel what hitch?

Hi guys and gals
    What 5th wheel hitch should I buy for my truck?
    2014 chevy 2500hd duramax crew cab 6'6" box
    Auto slider,manual slider, brand?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'll use the search function, you'll likely find dozens - if not more - threads with this same question asked and answered. You'll also get about as many answers/suggestions as you do responses. You don't say which Reflection fifth wheel you're considering, but an auto-sliding hitch in a 2500HD diesel with full fuel, occupants, and a 337RLS will put you over your rear axle limits on the truck. We started out with a 2500HD D/A and a 337 and went with and Andersen Ultimate for the weight savings. There are a number of others on the forum who have also been happy with the Andersen. With the hitch set up properly, I did not have any problems with turning angles towing the 337 with a 6.5' bed.

We now use a PullRite OE series (for the Ford puck system) "conventional" hitch in the F350. With an 8' bed, there is no need for a sliding hitch. Many people use and are happy with everything from B&W Companion (especially if you already have a gooseneck ball in the bed of the truck), Curt, Demco and others. I would stay away from the "entry-level" Reese hitches, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the B&W Companion Slider. Great hitch. Very solid. Easy hitch/unhitch. Great ride with our truck and standard Lippert pin box. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28bh reflection is the one that I will be getting. The sales person is tring to sell me a reese or kurt 16k standard manual slider. I was originally thinking on getting a pullwright autoslider. I have nothing currently in the bed of my truck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reflection 29RS, and used to pull it with a F-150 Ecoboost with the 5.5 foot bed. We used the Pullright auto slider hitch, and it worked well, but was very heavy and took up the entire bed. When we upgraded to an F-350 Diesel, with the 6.5 foot bed, we switched to the Andersen Ultimate hitch, and really love it. It is crazy light, and if you have a gooseneck ball it attaches and detaches in a couple minutes. For the weight difference alone, I would recommend this hitch. it is also incredibly easy to hook up and disconnect. I can turn as tight as I want, and have plenty of bed clearance. It is also pretty inexpensive.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030
    WeBoost 4G-M cell booster, DirecTV portable

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nwm - as you will note in our sig. we have a PR Superglide and we are very happy with it......they do not call it the cadillac of auto slider hitches for nothing. Yes it is heavy at 197 #s but not having to worry about getting of of the P/U to move the hitch as it automatically does the song and dance is VERY nice indeed. There are videos on youtube showing it in action......check them out. Feel free to let me know if any questions.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top choices seem to be the Anderson, the PR superglide, the Demco hijacker, and the B&W manual slider. I'd go check them all out and see what you like. I personally went with the B&W because the simple and robust design just appealed to me.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are presently working our way back home to Canada from the N California GD Rally that was held in Red Bluff. Towing a 26RL and using a Curt A16 manual slider. Have been very happy with the hitch and while it is not necessary most times backing up it is nice for that odd time. Looked at all types of hitches and just felt that the traditional 5th worked for us and the slider gave us that piece of mind being newbies to the 5th wheel world!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    nwm - as you will note in our sig. we have a PR Superglide and we are very happy with it......they do not call it the cadillac of slider hitches for nothing. Yes it is heavy at 197 #s but not having to worry about getting of of the P/U to move the hitch as it automatically does the song and dance is VERY nice indeed. There are videos on youtube showing it in action......check them out. Feel free to let me know if any questions.

Dan
    Our B&W is heavy also that is the only downside in my opinion. Weight is in the same vicinity as the one mentioned above. The hitch head is easily removable which allows some relief. Still requires two people to remove the larger base portion. I’m in good shape for now with a teenage son in the house but will need to devise another plan when he “leaves the nest”. I know others have used engine lifts either freestanding or ceiling mounted in the garage, etc. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofliberty View Post
    We have a Reflection 29RS, and used to pull it with a F-150 Ecoboost with the 5.5 foot bed. We used the Pullright auto slider hitch, and it worked well, but was very heavy and took up the entire bed. When we upgraded to an F-350 Diesel, with the 6.5 foot bed, we switched to the Andersen Ultimate hitch, and really love it. It is crazy light, and if you have a gooseneck ball it attaches and detaches in a couple minutes. For the weight difference alone, I would recommend this hitch. it is also incredibly easy to hook up and disconnect. I can turn as tight as I want, and have plenty of bed clearance. It is also pretty inexpensive.
    Second that. Have pulled a 2017 Reflection 307MKS using an AUH about 5K miles with a 2017 F-350 short bed with bed side rails for a roll-up tonneau cover. With hitch mounted in standard position there is ample cab clearance and plenty of leeway for angled hook-ups. I store leveling boards on each side of the hitch, which also serve to prevent hitch movement. Happy so far. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	9967
    Jon & Randi
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2017 F350 SB SRW diesel w/Andersen Ultimate hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast