Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 300GK heater

When we picked up our 300GK in August at 105 degrees, the heater was not checked. Now camping at 53 degrees I would like to get a bit warmer. I have tried several time to set the thermostat at 70. The fan comes on, I feel cool air coming out from beneath the cooking island and then after 3-5 minutes the fan shuts off and it is still 70 degrees. No heat? I have plenty of LP? I am presently on a 30amp hook up, and I am out of ideas. Any suggestions on what to check would be welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know your trailer, but mine has 4 cycles which you have to scroll through. Watch for the heat image. The first 2 are a/c related, third is heat and 4th is off. I know this answer might sound stupid, but did you look?
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    I do not know your trailer, but mine has 4 cycles which you have to scroll through. Watch for the heat image. The first 2 are a/c related, third is heat and 4th is off. I know this answer might sound stupid, but did you look?
    Thank you but I understand the cycles. I cycle to heat, set the thermostat, the fan comes on for a few minutes and then turns off. No heat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy that, just double checking!
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few basic things to try

Turn on a few stove burners to purge air out of your LP lines

To check room temp, with thermostat display blank (cycle button till AC and heat is not selected). With blank display hit the up or down arrow and the current roon temp will display. It needs to be at least 2 degrees cooler than what you have the heat set for.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

To check room temp, with thermostat display blank (cycle button till AC and heat is not selected). With blank display hit the up or down arrow and the current roon temp will display. It needs to be at least 2 degrees cooler than what you have the heat set for.
    Thank you. I will give it a try.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post

Good tips but it did not work. The furnace turned off after about 5 minutes. Room temp was 66 and I set the thermostat to 79. I never felt air warm air being generated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DNBrown,

I seem to remember some old threads about this issue but I had limited success in locating them for you. One tip, I think from Tuscon Jim, now that you purged the air out do this. With the heater off, turn on all stove top burners on high and watch them. Then cycle the furnace to on and see if the burners "dim" or lower. That might determine a low gas supply such as pinched line. There was also confusion by others still regarding the thermostat setting as in how to adjust it as well as read it but sounds like you got that. If the gas flow is adequate, it might lead you back to the heater unit. There was mention of the distance of how far away the igniter is from the gas inlet. I assume you did at least a brief visual of the heater while running (bugs, flame size, wires etc.). This would lead me to the next thought of electrical system there which I have not dealt with (faulty). Others might know? I will keep checking the old posts in case I find something.
    Jim

Your original post says "fan running for 5 minutes but cold air". That's the first indicator. Electrical is working but no heat. The igniter is not firing and after a few tries, it is likely shutting off for safety reasons (assuming there was gas in the first place). It never did heat up therefore either no gas getting to it or igniter is not firing. By the way, the heater is 12V so don't need hookups. Go back to the unit when you switch on the heat mode and make sure you are in the right mode. The fan should come right on. Go to the heater outside immediately and observe the inlet where the flame should be. It's either a yes or no as to gas or heat observed there.
    Last edited by Gold Country Livin'; 10-02-2017 at 07:05 AM. Reason: observation
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Gold Country Livin'; 10-02-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: additional post found
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but on the heaters blower there is a switch called a "sail switch". This switch will not allow the furnace to ignite if it does not sense that the fans are blowing. If the switch is defective, this could be your problem. RamGunner had a post in the Momentum section I'm referencing to give you better information. It may be a different unit than yours, but it should give you an idea...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ghlight=heater

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]