Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't believe it recently when driving out to the campground to see someone that had pulled over to the side of the road to use their cell phone. I was amazed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hate seeing all the texters these days... But using the Waze app when driving takes less time than the smokers take when they look down and light one up.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out about Waze from a close friend in So. Cal. area who is a contractor. He always is looking for a way around some traffic situation. It is nice, free and appears to be accurate. I don't / can't handle doing this while driving but the wife can. It's worth having as another tool in the toolbox for navigation. Trust none of them fully!
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this years trip from Central Florida, to Cape Cod, to Northern Michigan, to SLC, then back thru Colorado on the way back to Cape Cod...The best app for low bridge clearance and narrow roads was CoPilot. I had it, Google Maps, and the Ford Nav system all with the same destination set. CoPilot would route slightly different and this was due to either unpaved roads and I am guessing low clearences going thru NYC.

So after running across the country and back, and then back to Florida for the winter...CoPilot has been very reassuring.

On the convienence while traveling side of things, the EnRoute app is awesome. I can tell the app to locate a particular brand of fuel station every 300 miles on my route, a Wendy's on my route at a particular time, a Walmart within 1 mile of my route at either a particular milage or time of my choosing. It warns of weather issues along my route, based upon time/location ahead, using national weather service info. So I know ahead of time to be ready for showers or severe thunderstorms well before I get into them.

EnRoute does so many things, it's one app that you need to gradually take the time to learn. But once you have some of the features set along your route...it's like having someone who knows the route with great detail sitting in the truck with you.

But even with EnRoute running, I either zoom in to compare/confirm the details on the CoPilot route with Google Maps or my truck, or sometime even the EnRoute app, before starting the drive, knowing the CoPilot app is the only one watching for low bridges and narrow roads.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345