Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTX-AL View Post
    ... it is determined that your pilots were lit, ...

...VTX-Al
    I doubt if any GD units have pilots, they're all new enough to have electronic ignition.

Dave
    (runs with gas on)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara & Dave View Post
    I doubt if any GD units have pilots, they're all new enough to have electronic ignition.

Dave
    (runs with gas on)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Only pilot light we have is the one in the oven, and we have to manually light it when we want to use the oven. The stovetop is electronic ignition.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an individual choice. However, I will share with all of you what they shared with us in the RV Maint. Tech. class a couple of weeks ago:

The propane tanks should be turned off anytime an RV is being moved down the street (this was about where they showed slides of RVs burned up on the side of the road). A blow out can and does take out the propane lines and that starts the fire. Owners report that their travel trailer or 5th wheel are fully engulfed before they can even get it pulled over.

On average, for every minute that an RV refrigerator is open it takes approx. 1 hour to recover the temp. loss.

Before an RV can be inspected, it has to be plugged in and turned on a minimum of 12 hours prior to the inspection to check the refer temp.

Traveling with food, the food itself will help to maintain the inside temp. of a refer but you can also freeze a couple of those plastic ice blocks that are available in nearly every walmart or Target, freeze them the night before and leave a couple in the freezer and put a couple in the refer. Along with the food that's already cold in there, it's always been fine after a days travel provided nobody opens the refer during the day. Otherwise, you can use those same plastic ice blocks, freeze them and use them in a cooler to keep your food cold until you get where you're going.

Just some thoughts/suggestions for people to try. After the photos that I've seen over the past couple of weeks, I think I'll turn the tanks off. The old adage......rather be safe than sorry.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There appears to be conflicting recommendations when it comes to traveling with the propane on or off. I have personally always turned the propane off when traveling. To that end, we recently experienced the right rear tire (Westlake) blowout on our 297RSTS at just under 60 MPH. There was damage to the skirt of the trailer, and a small hole in the slide out. The tire also ripped the propane manifold and hose leading to the refrigerator off of the frame of the trailer. The force was sufficient enough to pull the hose leading to the refrigerator off of the male quick disconnect fitting. The male fitting remained in the manifold. If we had been traveling with the propane on, gas would have continued to flow out of the male fitting with the possibility of sparks from the steel belts in the tire hitting the payment and igniting the propane leaking from the hose.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180225_111823.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	11684

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is an emergency shutoff valve on them to shut them off if a sudden major leak occurs.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just at an rv seminar at General RV and according to their service manager, it’s safe to travel with the refrigerator on propane. It was explained that the new(er) travel trailers have an automatic emergency cut off switch if there is a loss of pressure anywhere in the system.
    I’m still new to all of this, so with all of the conflicting reports I say: Let your conscience be your guide.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    The connection to the propane tank has a built in over-flow device that will shut down propane flow if a line is cut or a fitting breaks. This is the same "shut down" that you will encounter if you open the tank valve too quickly and create an out rush of propane that the over-flow valve sees as uncontrolled flow.

Rob
    I travel with the propane on for the refrigerator only.
    Tim
    Last edited by Tim340; 03-02-2018 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceB View Post
    I was just at an rv seminar at General RV and according to their service manager, it’s safe to travel with the refrigerator on propane. It was explained that the new(er) travel trailers have an automatic emergency cut off switch if there is a loss of pressure anywhere in the system.
    I’m still new to all of this, so with all of the conflicting reports I say: Let your conscience be your guide.
    It would be interesting to hear from Grand Design on this question. I am familiar with what is typically referred to as a Velocity Fuse that will shut off flow if the velocity in a line exceeds a predetermined level. I am curious if this is incorporated in our RVs, and if so, what amount of flow would be required to trip the device. I am assuming that if we are running the refrigerator, water heater, furnace, and stove/oven all at the same time we are probably flowing a significant amount of propane. In a situation like this you would not want the device to trip unnecessarily, but still trip if a hose or fitting is broken or damaged.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one want to hazard a guess as to how much power the fridge takes (if we want to do the inverter thing)?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Any one want to hazard a guess as to how much power the fridge takes (if we want to do the inverter thing)?
    I have the 8 Cubic Foot model in my 297RSTS. According to the Dometic specifications for this unit, it draws 440 Watts. Here is a link to their specification sheet.
    https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...specifications

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast