User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We damaged a back leveler pad in a pot hole at a Myrtle Beach KOA. Luckily only had to replace the pad, no other damage.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRJAKE View Post
    We damaged a back leveler pad in a pot hole at a Myrtle Beach KOA. Luckily only had to replace the pad, no other damage.
    I think we might continue removing our rear leveler pads when traveling down the road just to give ourselves that little extra clearance and provide a little smaller target to catch on things.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    We have the 307- about 2 feet longer. The rear pads are about 6.5" above ground when fully retracted. We have traveled almost 8000 miles since we picked it up in May- Wisconsin to California to Florida. So far no dragging.
    That's encouraging news. We have about the same clearance so hopefully we'll be okay too. We plan to get in touch with GD within the next few weeks with various questions about our new unit and we'll ask them or Lipperts if there would be any problem if with shortened the tubes a bit.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 26RL, and the clearance bothers me sometimes. luckily I have not gotten it bottomed out yet. I was advised to raise the unit, however its already as high as it goes. If you get an answer about shortening the tubes let me know. I had thought of that, however our unit is not a year old yet and don't want to void a warranty. Seems like that would be the ideal way to get the legs up at least an inch or two.

Gerry M
    26RL

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrym View Post
    We have the 26RL, and the clearance bothers me sometimes. luckily I have not gotten it bottomed out yet. I was advised to raise the unit, however its already as high as it goes. If you get an answer about shortening the tubes let me know. I had thought of that, however our unit is not a year old yet and don't want to void a warranty. Seems like that would be the ideal way to get the legs up at least an inch or two.

Gerry M
    26RL
    Our Refection is less than a month old so we don't want to void our warranty either. Not sure what GD would do though if we take a hard hit on the levelers and it does damage to our frame. Kind of a Catch 22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were concerned about the height of the rear jacks also, our dealer raised them up for us, there was only one hole left to go up so it only added about an inch or so. Then I added the Snap Pad feet to them which took that extra clearance away. That being said, they still seem low but we have not encountered any problems with them. Our driveway has a pretty good dip an the street and we clear it just fine. I believe that because they are so close to the rear wheels this will not be an issue, just need to keep an eye on them in tight spots.
    Rick & Linda
    2018 Silverado 3500 High Country
    SRW Duramax/Allison 4WD
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angle of departure.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	10385
    This is the photo they sent me when I asked about the clearance. I did raise my rear one hole. to me, better safe than sorry.
    Ron & Sue
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    2011 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That drawing only works if there are no bumps/curbs/rocks/etc on the "departure" surface .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the single thing I detest the most on our 29RS. We've raised our levelers up a hole, and it helps a little, but we still make contact and have had to replace a pad. It's as if Grand Design only imagines these rigs on paved roads that are smooth as silk. Not us. There are speed bumps and curbs everywhere. They are deep in Arizona, where rain runoff is deep. And, gasp, we like to camp in the woods and drive on forest roads. I love the levelers, and hate the design.
    2017 Reflection 29RS, towed by 2013 F-350 Diesel King Ranch, Crew Cab, short Bed, with Andersen Ultimate 2 Hitch
    540w Solar, 4x6 Trojan T105's, MS2812 Magnum Energy inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2030-RV and SC-2030
    WeBoost 4G-M cell booster, DirecTV portable

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When auto levelling was first added to 303s, my initial reaction was "Gee . . . wish I had that ." The more I read about this system, the more I like my KISS Andersen Levellers or a couple of pieces of wood for side-to side levelling and fore-aft is always easy with the landing gear.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast